This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Fixen

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 01:32:42 pm    Post subject:

My TI-83+ link port seemed broken, I tried to experiment with it by forcing it to accept calculator OS (by taking battery out and put back in while holding DEL key) and it says error every time the OS starts coming in.
Same for everything I tried to send to it.

What's the problem with it? How do I send to TI for repairs? I appreciate your help.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 02:53:25 pm    Post subject:

It is possible to seperate the link socket from the circuitboard sometimes through heavy link usage. Some questions:

* How well did the link work before?
* What type of link cable are you using?
* Can you still connect to calculators?
* Has the case ever been opened?
* Was the calculator damaged at any point (foreign object in the port, etc)?
Fixen

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 03:24:31 pm    Post subject:

Yes, maybe heavy usage, or maybe me dropping it to the ground A LOT.

Answers to DigiTan's questions, in question-to-answer order:

• Before, it worked perfectly.
  • USB cable, and black cable, that's how I know it's the link port's problem.
  • No, can't do that anymore.
  • No, case never opened, some screws fell off.
  • No, maybe pencil or pen, but nothing else.
Matt

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 06:24:41 pm    Post subject:

In order to install the software please follow these steps:
1. Connect the TI-GRAPH LINK cable between your PC and TI-83 Plus.
2. Open the TI-Connect software and click on DeviceExplorer*.
3. Click and drag the OS file to the DeviceExplorer and drop it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Please note: After clicking on DeviceExplorer the error message "Cannot establish a valid connection" will appear. Ignore this message and continue to step three. You may need to try this procedure a few times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*If the message Error! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on." appears on the handheld, quickly, remove one battery from the handheld and reinstall it while the transfer is going on.

*I hope you find this information helpful. If you have further questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at matt@unitedti.org for more help.
Ray Kremer

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 07:21:39 pm    Post subject:

One last thing it could be is weak batteries.

Otherwise, call 1-800-TI-CARES

Depending on your confidence, you could try to resolder the link port yourself. Directions for opening up the calculator can be found at the overclocking sites.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 08:39:09 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully you won't have to resolder. That's what happened to my TI82.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 08:43:49 pm    Post subject:

I think it'd be a wonderful learning experience. Though I have an 89, and I really wouldn't want to take the chance of messing up... Unless I had to.
Fixen

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 10:15:14 pm    Post subject:

The transfer didn't even start, Matt. I guess TI is the only way to fix it. I don't want to void my warranty by resoldering it, should there be any problem that happens after this.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement