This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 05:38:45 pm    Post subject:

Here is a small TI 83/83+ program I wrote for adding vectors. It was designed to check your answers, not as a substitute for thought.
It will not show work, and you will need a firm understanding of vectors to use it properly.

:ClrHome
:Radian
:re^/theta/i
:Prompt A,B,C,D
:Ae^(B/degree/i)+Ce^(D/degee/i->E
:Degree
:Disp E, angle(E

As for the prompts, enter the magnitude of Vector 1 for A, the angular measure of Vector 1 for B,
the magnitude of Vector 2 for C, and the angular measure of Vector 2 for D. The first output (E) shows the magnitude of the resultant vector. The second output (angle(e)) is the angular measure of the resultant.

NOTES:
- O degrees is East, 90 is North, 180 is West, 270 is South, -90 is South, etc
- to subtract vectors, make one of the inputted vector magnitudes (not angle) negative
NOTES FOR TYPING IN:
- Radian, Degree, and re^/theta/i instructions can be pasted from the Mode menu
- e^( is [2nd][LN]
- i is the imaginary symbol ([2nd][.])
- /degree/ is the degree symbol ([2nd][angle][1])
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 05:47:30 pm    Post subject:

Shouldn't that be Disp E/(e^(angle(E)i)),angle(E ?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 06:18:57 pm    Post subject:

Since you're in re^[font="SYMBOL"]qi, you could do

Disp real(E),imag(E)

EDIT: I meant to say "Disp abs(E),angle(E)" what I said would resolve the vector into its rectangular components.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Feb 2004 02:15:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 10:40:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shouldn't that be Disp E/(e^(angle(E)i)),angle(E ?

Yes, that would make the display clearer, but I just ignore the e^(part).
I tried to keep it as umcomplicated as possible, in case I want to use it in an exam (I have it memorized).

Quote:
Since you're in re^qi, you could do

Disp real(E),imag(E)

Yes.

You could also use:

:ClrHome
:Radian
:re^/theta/i
:Prompt A,B,C,D
:Ae^(B/degree/i)+Ce^(D/degee/i
:Degree
:Disp Ans, angle(Ans

to save a byte, but some find it harder to follow, and you don't have the vector in a variable.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement