This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 12:36:10 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad If you coming from the circus TI-83 forum then I Gave up my star craft game
I have a really kewl Harvest moon game but i need a few things
like a item list Ie.
Ax
Plow
Hammer

and when you select it it becames the action item (action button 2nd)
Should i like store it in A Ie.
Ax (1->A)
Plow (2->A)
Hammer (3->A)
(0 being nothing)

So that way when i press 2nd and A=1 then it uses the ax ?

How would i do a day/ season cycle (30 days/4 seasons)
and how would i set plant F1 (F1 for editing reasons so it is easier to prgm) to be harvested in 10 days
F2 14 days
F3 18 days
????

Also i have a auto harvest, when the plat is plated for x seconds it grows and is harvested

I have tool shop, food shop, and flower/ plant shop am i missing anything
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 12:38:34 pm    Post subject:

opps forgot is there a way to do a test to see if PrgmA is unarchived and if it is archived it
I can archived vars and pics etc. but not prgms and i don't know how to check if they are archived

any help is liked

thanks
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 02:49:32 pm    Post subject:

Neutral Is it another one of those crappy text-based games?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 07:33:41 am    Post subject:

JesusFreak wrote:
So that way when i press 2nd and A=1 then it uses the ax ?

Jup

Quote:
How would i do a day/ season cycle  (30 days/4 seasons)

Depends on how the game is played, is it based on menu's, homescreen or graphscreen ?

Quote:
and how would i set plant F1 (F1 for editing reasons so it is easier to prgm) to be harvested in 10 days
F2 14 days
F3 18 days
????

What do you mean with that ?

Also, what are we supposed to think of when talking about a Harvest Moon game ? (what is it ?)
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 01:08:45 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
Posted on Jun 17 2003, 07:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Is it another one of those crappy text-based games?

#1) I hate menus b/c they are so gay (so that means it is on the graph screen

Quote:
Also, what are we supposed to think of when talking about a Harvest Moon game ? (what is it ?)

#2)AHHHHhhhhhh!!!!! how could you have never played Harvest Moon, It is on gamebot color (1,2,3) And on the ps1 (1) And on the ps2 (1 (which really sucks))

If you never played, It is a game where you are a farmer and you are trying to either saver your farm, your g'pa's, or a friends farm (matters which game you play) The game that is pretty fun. You have a area where you can plant, you need to play flowers/plants (ie. corn, tomatos, potatos) later when you got enough money you can buy upgrades for tools, your home, and other stuff.

Quote:
Also i have a auto harvest, when the plat is plated for x seconds it grows and is harvested

#3) I changed that

#4) If you want a crapy version (only one plot out of nine works right now b/c i am trying to get the rest of the game working first and then add the other eight plots) send you e-mail to:
Evil or Very Mad Watchfordanomes@att.net
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 07:46:01 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Which is faster:

If U=4000 and A=C and B=D And T=0 or U=4040 and A=C and B=D And T=0 or U=4004 and A=C and B=D And T=0 or U=4404 and A=C and B=D And T=0 or U=4044 and A=C and B=D And T=0 or U=4444 and A=C and B=D And T=0
Then
(!!!!!action!!!!!)
End

or

If U=4000 and A=C and B=D And T=0
Then
(!!!!!action!!!!!)
End
If U=4040 and A=C and B=D And T=0
Then
(!!!!!action!!!!!)
End
(((etc.)))

Or is there a simpler way but U has to be 4000,4040, etc. not 4000 through 4444

any help is thanked
yugniht

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 08:20:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this is faster but you could do:

Code:
If A=C and B=D And T=0
then
If A=4000
then
(!!!!!action!!!!!)
End
If A=4040
then
(!!!!!action!!!!!)
End
End

Keep in mind I'm only replying to the previous post.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 02:58:43 am    Post subject:

yugnhit's code is definetly faster, but don't forget to change a=4000 and a=4040 to u=4000 u=4040.

Oh, another question: How does the player see things in the game ? Since the original is 3rd person which requires a 3d engine, have you changed it to a bird's eye view or maybe changed it to a view from the side ?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 04:20:01 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Oh, another question: How does the player see things in the game ? Since the original is 3rd person which requires a 3d engine, have you changed it to a bird's eye view or maybe changed it to a view from the side ?

Your thinking of the ps2 version (first person view)not the Gameboy color version which is a sky view like you said

but to my unliking there are only nine (9) plots to plant in so you can only plant nine (9) plants at a time which i might change later to add more plots but for now that is all i am making

Any ideas on how to make a better looking character?? Right now i just use the pi symbol

Your farm area is a pic to make the game faster and you can walk all over your house, is there a way that you can stop that??

any ideas to make this game better (like items or any thing from the other games like animals (which i plan on adding later plants first))
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 04:39:48 pm    Post subject:

JesusFreak wrote:
Your farm area is a pic to make the game faster and you can walk all over your house, is there a way that you can stop that??

if the user presses right, u should check if the user is to the left of the house, and stop the moving right process if he is... and do that for the up-down-left too...

also, will the game come with the pic, or will it draw it at the beginning of the program? if it drew it at the beginning of the prgm, then i would like it better... cause i dont like games that use up the pic vars... i hate taking care of them, and making sure they arent used by other prgms...

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2003 04:41:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 07:47:10 pm    Post subject:

Actually I think you could use this:

[CODE]If A=C and B=D And T=0
Then
If U=4000 or U=4040 or U=4004 or U=4404 or U=4044 or U=4444
Then
(!!!!!!!!action!!!!!!!!!!)
End
End
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 11:11:35 pm    Post subject:

first off, thanks spiderbyte, yugniht, and Arcane Wizard for the code but i have to kill it.

The code 4400 was sapost'a be for a tree on plot one, 4040 on plot two, 4004 plot three, 4440 one an two, 4044 two and three, 4404 one and three, 4444 all three (the code was for one set of plots (Plot is a single square where you can plant some thing fyi) which would be times three(so that i could save some variables)) But after finished the prgm today i realized that a set could only be all the same ie: all trees and flower 1 etc. and so now i am scraping and salvaging the prgm. i am using a vriable for each plot ie. A=4 three there, B=5 rock there, C=6 unplowed soil, etc.
if you got a better way (like not using a variable for each plot) i really need it (not really but if i could do 9 plots with a variable i could change the farming area to be 4 areas with 9 plots each which would be kewl)

Quote:
also, will the game come with the pic, or will it draw it at the beginning of the program? if it drew it at the beginning of the prgm, then i would like it better... cause i dont like games that use up the pic vars... i hate taking care of them, and making sure they arent used by other prgms...

i could do a menu at the begining that would allow you to redraw the map if you accidently deleted it (it is a simple map right not) but first i need a way to do a check to see if pic (*) is there, i will make the prg when i get off.

Quote:
if the user presses right, u should check if the user is to the left of the house, and stop the moving right process if he is... and do that for the up-down-left too...

do you mean if the left side of the house is pixle (x,y) 1,8 do:
if A=1 and B=8
then
B-1->B (or the like if that is wrong)
end

i will upload a pic in a few mins but it is unfinished
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 11:16:31 pm    Post subject:

for ur 9 plots, u could use 1 num, and use like, 1*100000000 to put 1 in the first plot, 2*10 to put 2 in the 8th plot... ect... just an idea...

EDIT

just realized that wont work, srry!

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2003 11:17:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 11:24:13 pm    Post subject:

thats kinda what i was thinking

dude (2 lines so not spaming)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 06:14:05 am    Post subject:

To keep your player from running through walls (or the house) depending on how things are drawn, you could best use pixeltest(

47->A //player x pos
31->B //player y pos
0->C //horizontal direction to move
0->D //vertical direction to move
Repeat Q //loop until clear is pressed
getKey->K
If K:pixelOff(B,A //erase player
(K=26)-(K=24->C //calculate which way horizontally to move
(K=34)-(K=25->D //same for vertical movement
If Not(pixelTest(B+D,A+C //check if place to move to is free
Then //if it is free, move charcater
A+C->A
B+D->B
End
PixelOn(B,A //redraw character at new position
(k=45->Q
End

As for the plots, I'd use a list:
plot 1:
LHM(1) to LHM(6)
plot 2:
LHM(7) to LHM(12)
plot 3:
LHM(13) to LHM(1Cool
etc.

Then you can also have different plants on a plot and it's quite easy to get the data from it (plot nr.*6+place on plot).

Last edited by Guest on 21 Jun 2003 06:15:12 am; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 01:03:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As for the plots, I'd use a list:
plot 1:
LHM(1) to LHM(6)
plot 2:
LHM(7) to LHM(12)
plot 3:
LHM(13) to LHM(1Cool
etc.

Then you can also have different plants on a plot and it's quite easy to get the data from it (plot nr.*6+place on plot).

Do you mean that each plot would ba able to have six plants on each plot (LHM(1) to LHM(6)?

and how would i like do that what kind of code (i don't use lists very often just to save game files)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 05:17:31 pm    Post subject:

Exactly,

you just store the value's representing which kind of plants are in the plot in the list,

for example:

//1 are tomatoes
//2 are carrots
//3 are apples
//user chooses to plant some apples in plot 1
For(X,1,6 //loop until vacant spot has been found
If LHM(X=0:Then
3->X //store apples in free place
6->X //end loop
End
End

You could increase the number of plants per plot, add extra data like when they will be ready for harvesting (depends on how much water and fresh soil is added, decrease this value each time the player adds fertilizer or sprays with water), how good they have been treated (increase value each time player cares for this plant), etc.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 12:23:07 pm    Post subject:

is there a limit to how many lists i can make with LHM(** (ie. 99, 123, 999

Lets say:
P=plant type
D=# of days to harvest
W=if 0 not watered if 1 is watered and the d-1 (in the game each time if is watered it takes a day off limit one) (how would i limit that?)
F=Fretilized (might take 2 days off so it is ready faster)
Z=is if the plot has a roc, tree, unplowed, plowed can i just do this,
{P,D,W,F,Z->LHM(1
and then can i bring each back but how? (or do i need to use LHM(1 for P LHM(2 for D ect.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 01:27:25 pm    Post subject:

JesusFreak wrote:
is there a limit to how many lists i can make with LHM(** (ie. 99, 123, 999

The number of lists (ie. LHM or LSAVE or LHELP) is only limited by memory and the number of combinations you can make with 4 characters, including the alfabet and numbers 0-9, if I'm right that would be (26+10)^4=1,679,616 maximum lists.
The number of elements (ie. LHM(1) or LHM(2) ) in a list must be between 0 and 1000, so 1 is the first and 999 would be the last element possible.

Quote:
W=if 0 not watered if 1 is watered and the d-1 (in the game each time if is                             watered it takes a day off limit one) (how would i limit that?)

You could limit that to only taking a day of limit D if W=0.

Quote:
Z=is if the plot has a roc, tree, unplowed, plowed can i just do this,
{P,D,W,F,Z->LHM(1
and then can i bring each back but how? (or do i need to use LHM(1 for P LHM(2 for D ect.

No, that won't work unfortunatly, like you said you'll need to use LHM(1 for P and LHM(2 for D (etc.).

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2003 01:29:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 10:45:42 am    Post subject:

Kewl i will do that now, when you atart a new game i should delete all of those so is there an easy way of deleting LHM1 through LHM99 or do i need to delete each one?

Any other ideas anyone?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement