This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 05:27:01 am    Post subject:

Sorry for this, but did you at all read my last post???

I have already made it to write w/e OS you're using. It writes w/e calc you're using too. Neutral
Ian Z

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 06:55:24 pm    Post subject:

Just decode the actually base version it's not hard, I have the source to it...
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 03:07:13 am    Post subject:

Are you guys trying to tell me there is a bug in my program? That you have tried it and it doesn't detect the base program? Because I have already made it check the base version, and it works on my 83pSE os 1.16 and it works on VTI 83p os 1.12.

But please do let me know (again) if the base version checking doesn't work on your calculator.
Ian Z

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 03:20:42 pm    Post subject:

didn't he make one that shows your calc's OS version.
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 05:18:30 am    Post subject:

Yes, you're right it shows the calcs OS version.
If you weren't talking about OS version I am afraid don't know what you're talking about.
my calculator looks like this when doing a real Ram Clear:

and it looks like this when I use the FakeReset program:

as you can see they are identical. What do you need an other version check for, if the number does not appear?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 05:18:01 pm    Post subject:

Uh, I ran it on my regular 83+ (1.16) and it said TI-83 Plus Silver Edition 1.18 RAM cleared.

Also, the contrast was really low afterwards.....difference in contrast between regular and SE?

I have MirageOS keyhooks, could that be the problem?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 05:25:50 pm    Post subject:

Hmm I went into MirageOS and turned off all keyhooks, and it worked.....

EDIT: No wait it didn't, I just realized it really did clear all RAM, I had forgotten to run the program...... Oh, well I had almost everthing backed up so I didn't lose anything.
Anyway, that means it still doesn't work for me.

Another suggestion: Maybe change the name of the program to something a little less obvious? If warned about, teachers can always check if RAM is really cleared.......
caocaomage

Posted: 18 Oct 2004 10:10:01 pm    Post subject:

hmm what i do w/ this is use omnicalc Laughing
when they clear ur RAM(fer real) they can check it, then in the middle of the test, you use RestoreMem() from omnicalc... works fer me
Heres the link if you want omnicalc:
Heres the link...
The link to learn about omnicalc:
Click here....
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 12:46:06 pm    Post subject:

But that (the backup) takes up a lot of space, and I don't think it works on the regular 83+ (the non-silver edition) This mem reset program only takes up a few hundred bytes, and has the same effect really.

It still doesn't work for me though, it says 83+ Silver Edition, when I have regular
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 05:08:43 pm    Post subject:

the backup takes up a lot of space? are you a druggie? Drugs == Bad for you. The backup is just un-initialized ram, that happens to *still* have program data in it. Omnicalc just re-tells the operating system where the programs are.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 05:49:46 pm    Post subject:

You're right about it not working though...
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 08:18:20 pm    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
the backup takes up a lot of space?  are you a druggie?  Drugs == Bad for you.  The backup is just un-initialized ram, that happens to *still* have program data in it.  Omnicalc just re-tells the operating system where the programs are.
And Sir Robin, did you mean that restoremem() doesn't work with non-silver edition, or were you able to replicate the problem with the ram reset?

OK, sorry. I thought that when it said it backed up your RAM, it actually backed it up into archive. Wouldn't that be the most obvious thing to do? But if you are *only* using Omnicalc for that, then a fake reset program is better, because it takes up much less space than an entire APP.....
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 02:48:46 am    Post subject:

Perhaps, but omnicalc has so many other useful functions it's a good idea to have it around anyway Laughing
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 09:08:39 am    Post subject:

Virtual calc is also good for this. Switch over to a virtual calc that has no programs.
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Dec 2004 12:48:41 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, haven't been here for long, I have been too busy with school, they have thripled our homeworkload compared to last year, so I don't expect to be able to hang here out of the holidays. So Greetz to all and Merry Christmas!!!

Back on topic. I'm glad someone finally tried it, but it surpises me that it doesn't work, I tested it with three different emulators - on both 83p and SE - and my own SE, and all worked, perhaps you didn't have the newest version, I made 3 "versions" about a day apart, when I programmed it, because the two last ones were bugfixes to the first one, I think the latest ended up being 3.1 og 3.2 or something. (Sorry, but I don't have it for download at the moment, my server is having some downtime I had hackers)

FakeReset doesn't work with omnicalc "installed", (they use the same hook), It should work with MirageOS though, but I haven't tested it wíth the "new" version.

to your question about the contrast, David who made the original FakeReset 2.0, wrote in his readme that he had finally got it right, so I just left his setting in the routine that deals with 83p, and added the contrast setting that my SE defaults to to the routine that deals with SEs.
Since the two contrast settings were not the same I guess they are different on the calcs, but I don't know - I only have a 83pSE.
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 07:29:19 pm    Post subject:

I feel pretty red.... I've been working on this project all day, reading my code over and over and over again trying to figure out why you all were having these problems with Fake Reset 3.0. I just found out about half an hour ago, that there was nothing wrong with my code, I had simply forgotten to update the assembled 8xp file, so that was a bugged version and the assembly code was not Rolling Eyes

Anyways the file has been assembled now Very Happy , so please everyone help me test it. I've tested it on my own calc (83pSE) and in the TI FLASH DEBUGGER both 83p and 83pSE.

The link: Fake Reset Evil or Very Mad

sorry guys for leaving this project a whole year before figuring out I had forgotten to assemble

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2005 07:06:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 03:44:45 pm    Post subject:

Upload it to our file archives before I do it for you.
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 07:09:19 pm    Post subject:

I would like to add 84p/SE support if any one would be willing to provide me with a screenshot of ram and mem reset and help me with testing, as I only have a 83pSE myself.
Lambo_Paul

Posted: 02 May 2006 12:43:27 pm    Post subject:

I downloaded the FakeMemoryReset v.2.0 and 3.1 but neither will even run on my Ti-83+. It just hits an error and quits immediately. I have Ti-OS version 1.19 and only these apps on my calc:

APPLICATIONS
1: Finance
2:Conics
3: Noteflio
4: PolySmlt
5: SciTools

I also have several typed up notes on my TI from Notefolio.

Without fakemem3 on my calc, I have
22680 Free RAM
42865 Free Archive

I don't have any programs on my calc at all. What could be the problem, is it the TI-OS version? I'd think it would work on any TI-OS up to 1.19, but I don't really know. What could be the problem?
The Dragon Master

Posted: 02 May 2006 12:58:08 pm    Post subject:

David L knew keyhooks well. Um, as for Lambo_Paul's problem, it may be that you have a problem with your OS. Try re-installing it.... Or backup your calc and reset it completely. Then try again. You can get wierd errors if your batteries power goes down when you archive stuff. It could be your base version but I doubt it. These kinds of hooks work with all base versions...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement