This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 08:10:15 am    Post subject:

what is the current progress of the project? Is there any?
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 03:04:20 pm    Post subject:

I think dead... Keith hasn't responded on the forums in who knows how long and I'm also assuming the other on-calc assembler is dead too.
Madskillz

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 05:59:01 pm    Post subject:

That's sucks...I was looking forward to seeing some cool stuff. I think this would be very difficult on the calc anyhow, but it would still be fun to see something!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 06:08:17 pm    Post subject:

I take it Keith is on some kind of calc hiatus; he hasn't posted in almost 2 months. Maybe someone should e-mail him to make sure he's not in a Turkish prison or something. If the project is being postposed I'd like to pick it up; but it'll be a while before I get Robot War out of the way to do anything.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Nov 2004 09:46:40 pm    Post subject:

optimize wrote:
I'm also assuming the other on-calc assembler is dead too.

Did you really expect it to actully get done? No offense, but after a while, I just didn't think it would happen.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sonic is indeed dead.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Nov 2004 09:47:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Nov 2004 10:44:37 pm    Post subject:

I also haven't seen or heard from Keith in some time, so it is hard to say if anything is going on with this or not.

--AlienCC
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 02:46:46 am    Post subject:

Maan.... can't they just port the 89 Sonic?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 03:51:19 pm    Post subject:

Its not quite that simple, The Ti-89 uses a Motorola 68k chipset, and the Ti-83/83p/83pse all use the Zilog-80 (z80) chipset.

The motorola chipset is capable of doing a lot more, and its faster. If I'm not mistaken some of the first Apple computer's were actually based of this same serious of Motorolla chipsets.

This is a big project, and would be wonderful if anyone would be willing to revive, unfortunately I don't believe the codebase was ever shared so it would be starting over from scratch...this the third time.

--AlienCC
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 04:54:45 pm    Post subject:

dang. how sad... since this is a uti project, who will help? i wish I could help but I don't have the knowledge port it.

EDIT: I might. Does anyone have a link to the source?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Nov 2004 04:55:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 05:31:10 pm    Post subject:

Arent you knew to ASM shadowing? This would be a very hard project for somebody who is knew. Plus you cant port an 89 game to an 83, as AlienCC said, they use two different chipsets! Wink I don't mean to put you down or anything, because you should create a game and push it to the limits, and make it the best you can! It's just that this would be an extremly difficult project for somebody just getting into ASM. Smile
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 05:53:58 pm    Post subject:

You CAN port it, it's just that it would be about as easy as writing it from scratch.
Madskillz

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 07:58:38 pm    Post subject:

Oh..well It's just that I have never seen a game of this caliber on the 83. I don't think even if he could port it would be fast enough... Sad Again...I am not putting you down Shadowing, just with all the features that the 89 version has....grayscale, parallax scrolling, high speed, external graphics-sprites-levels, huge levels, and a kit to create your own levels, graphics or sprites. Plus your just learning.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Nov 2004 08:03:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 11:14:47 pm    Post subject:

Might be possible to make it for silver edition only. You would just have to you no b_calls() whatsoever for maximum speed, although it would be huge...
shadowing