This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
uum7

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:24:45 pm    Post subject:

A year ago, I had MirageOS and tons of games successfully working on my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition. At the end of the year during the Geometry final exam, however, the teachers locked the "Apps" section of the calculator until you manually connected your calculator to a computer (which unlocks the Apps again). Freaking out and being bored, I accidentally deleted ALL of my Apps (except "Finance..."). Now, when I try to put MirageOS back onto my calculator, the TI Connect program tells me through a "Transfer Status" pop-up (after it begins transferring) that "Access is denied." and then below it: "(80070005)". It also asks me in the same pop-up if I want to "Retry", "Skip", or "Cancel". I've tried all three, and none of them get MirageOS on my calculator, and "Retry" only gets me the same message.

My friend told me that I should "flush" my calculator via the TI Connect software, but he says he forgot how to and that I should Google it. I did, but no relevant results came up. Can anyone help me? I don't know what to do.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:52:30 pm    Post subject:

send someting from another calc to your calc :)

i think.........
NotYourLoginID

Posted: 06 May 2009 03:00:00 pm    Post subject:

Just a Basic Idea...Try Resetting the entire calculator (The RAM, ARCHIVE, EVERYTHING!)
uum7

Posted: 06 May 2009 04:08:58 pm    Post subject:

Uuuumm...I don't think I can connect with another calculator at the moment. It would be too complicated as most of my friends probably lost their cables >.<....and how do I reset all of my RAM, Archive, and everything? I already did the "2nd-->+-->7-->1-->2" to reset all of my RAM, but it didn't appear to help. Anyone else have a solution?
ztrumpet

Posted: 06 May 2009 04:33:30 pm    Post subject:

To reset ALL your memory:
Keypresses: [2nd] [+] (Mem) [7] [<] (over) [1] [2]

Last edited by Guest on 06 May 2009 04:44:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2009 02:27:58 pm    Post subject:

Can you run any programs?

You could reset all memory now, but it won't affect the permission bitmap, so first try sending calc-to-calc.

[shameless advertisement]

Heh, next time your teachers want to lock it, just patch your OS man...

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/418/41803.html

[/shameless advertisement]
Galandros

Posted: 08 May 2009 06:09:13 am    Post subject:

Try TilP, another linking software, just a guess...
If someone has a better guess about this, then write it.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 May 2009 10:48:36 pm    Post subject:

Looking the error code up on google "80070005", the problem might be with some sort of permissions that the program is trying to obtain. My first guess would be to try to run the program as an administrator, or try reinstalling the linking program as one.

So, what's your OS version? Izzit XP? Vista? Throw us a bone, man.

Other than that, I've nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 May 2009 08:05:00 am    Post subject:

Reboot your computer. I have that problem all the time. But, I've found if you reboot your computer and spam the retry, it should work.

Also, a fresh set of batteries might help.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 May 2009 03:46:04 am    Post subject:

Or you could try to replace the certificate (which is illegal), as a last resort.
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2009 11:17:30 pm    Post subject:

i have rhe same problem with my 84 se i usually just exit the transfer window pull the cable out of my calc half way(just enough to let it still register as being connected nd try again and for some reason it works well there is my 2 sense hope it helps Smile
Reapex

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 12:16:02 pm    Post subject:

I thought you had to send L1 (list1) to the calculator to unlock....?
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 09:18:50 pm    Post subject:

Reapex wrote:
I thought you had to send L1 (list1) to the calculator to unlock....?

I believe sending anything works.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement