How do you convert a ti 89 program to ti 84 program?
In general, you don't. They speak different dialects of TI-BASIC, and run on different processors (so the assembly language is different).
I have the code for the Ti 89 program. Its short. Can any one help me code it for ti 84?
Paste it up in [code] blocks, and we'll do our best.
Here's the code:
Code:
()
Prgm

©Surface Area v1.0 by
©Dmitriy Myedvyedyev
©(aka Dima Medvedev)
©Copyright 2002

ClrIO
Dialog
Request "EQUATION",fuc
Request "From",im
Request "to",ie
DropDown "around",{"x-axis","y-axis"},axx
EndDlog
If ok=0
Goto ex
getMode("Exact/Approx")→mo
setMode("Exact/Approx","EXACT")
expr(ie)→ie
expr(im)→im
expr(fuc)→fnc
If axx=1 Then
right(solve(fnc,y))→fn(x)
ElseIf axx=2 Then
right(solve(fnc,x))→fn(y)
EndIf
If axx=1 Then
(d(fn(x),x))^2→dd
2*π*∫(fn(x)*√(1+dd),x,im,ie)→ex
Disp approx(ex)
Disp exact(ex)
ElseIf axx=2 Then
(d(fn(y),y))^2→dd
2*π*∫(fn(y)*√(1+dd),y,im,ie)→ex
Disp approx(ex)
Disp exact(ex)
EndIf
string(ie)→ie
string(im)→im
setMode("Exact/Approx",mo)
Pause
Lbl ex
EndPrgm
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it
It appears this program was intended to exploit the 89's CAS capabilities. Since the 83+/84+ don't have CAS, I'm afraid that a simple port won't be possible, unless it's possible to write a numerical (rather than algebraic) algorithm for it.
Can you take out the CAS part out?
coursty wrote:
Can you take out the CAS part out?
It would be possible to make it only give the approximate answers; the exact symbolic answer would be impossible.
Does the 84+ have a numeric solver and derivative functions? It may be possible to modify for approximate/numeric math if so (assuming I didn't overlook anything; unfortunately my advanced math is rather rusty).
Travis wrote:
Does the 84+ have a numeric solver and derivative functions? It may be possible to modify for approximate/numeric math if so (assuming I didn't overlook anything; unfortunately my advanced math is rather rusty).
It can indeed do numeric solving of some equations via the Solver / solve(), and it can perform numeric derivatives at a point using nDeriv().
What do you mean by exact is what? I want the answer to be in terms of pi. e.g., 23.4pi . I don't care about all the other function. I think we just have to manipulate the code a little bit but I have no knowledge of programing at the moment. Am going to learn eventually
Oh, what about intergration (I think I mistook the integrate symbol for differentiation; I told you I was rusty Smile)
Yes i think it does have them
Yes i think it does have them
Travis wrote:
Oh, what about intergration (I think I mistook the integrate symbol for differentiation; I told you I was rusty Smile)
Yep, it can integrate the area under a function between a low and high bound.

Edit: Before we go crazy converting this, are you sure there isn't already a TI-83+/TI-84+ program that converts the surface area of a function revolved around an axis?
Very Happy There are similar programs online but they done give the answer in terms of pi. This is the only one i've seen so far
I have calculus program that gives the numerical and symbolic answer for the 84+ CSE. I will make a port of my program to the regular 83/84 calculator.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=961
Thank you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours