Roxas240 wrote:
Can you make it so you can create new BASIC Programs within Doors CSE 8 shell.

I agree that would be a very useful tool.
Bug reports:

-When running the game CMonster from DCS or Homerun, it quits immediately before my pad even gets to appear.
-The improved BASIC editor appears to run at 6 MHz instead of 15 (or something else is slowing it down to half the normal typing speed)
-for xLIBC, no matter if you used real(0,2,1), commands will still run at 6 MHz mode.
DJ_O wrote:
Bug reports:

-When running the game CMonster from DCS or Homerun, it quits immediately before my pad even gets to appear.

Your save data is archived... It is not a bug.
Updates, based on you guys and me:

Confirmed Features/Fixes Left To Do:
- Try to make a det(11...) that can set text background and foreground colors
- Update SDK

Complete
- Fixed CPU speed after the OS set slow mode when exiting the editor by rearranging a lot of the code jumped to when Doors CSE restarts under various conditions, such as program properties changed, the editor closed, program execution complete, and the desktop scrolled. Needs testing!
- Try to find a BCALL that provides the verbose error messages for BASIC errors -> Used to completely overhaul how Doors CSE displays error messages. Also saved 147 bytes.

DJ_O wrote:

-The improved BASIC editor appears to run at 6 MHz instead of 15 (or something else is slowing it down to half the normal typing speed)
-for xLIBC, no matter if you used real(0,2,1), commands will still run at 6 MHz mode.
Can you clarify that last one? I was able to replicate the first one, and I'm working on finding the cause and a fix.

Finally, a bit of eye candy. Top row is the old error message style, bottom row is the new one. Left side are "system" messages, such as when there's not enough memory to unarchive or archive a variable. Right side are "OS" messages, entirely triggered by TI-BASIC programs.

I like the new style, but miss the cute little X bubble next to error Sad
For the last one, real(0,2,1) is supposed to set 15 MHz mode for xLIB commands. However it doesn't work.
elfprince13 wrote:
I like the new style, but miss the cute little X bubble next to error Sad
I feel the same way. Sad That has been around since at least Doors CS 5.

DJ_O wrote:
For the last one, real(0,2,1) is supposed to set 15 MHz mode for xLIB commands. However it doesn't work.
Actually, Doors CSE runs all TI-BASIC programs in 15MHz mode (as does the TI-OS). Therefore, real(0,2,0) should be the one where you see a speed difference.
Can it find a new home somewhere on the new-style screen? Maybe XOR'd onto the black bar at the bottom?
or maybe you could overwrite that white background during errors to have the X bubble enlarged and light gray Very Happy

but then, you probably are running out of space as it is...
You stated above that Doors CSE 8 will not have a cursor. Is there a possibility that future versions would have to option of enabling a cursor? I liked idea of having a cursor on my calculator and would love to see this on the color calculators.
Can you add a mouse driver in Doors CSE 8.0 and when you plug in a mouse the mouse cursor appears and when you unplug the mouse the mouse cursor reappears. Can you also add the battery percentage. Add a "Check for updates" button in the about screen of Doors CSE 8.0 for calculators connected to the calcnet 2.2 device. Also, can you add the option to put a background picture on Doors CSE 8.0.

Can you put a Windows Aero theme on Doors CSE 8.0.
Im curious on the DCS libs that may or may not still be included. Ive been looking here:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/BasicLibs:GUIMenu

Im particular interested in this, but I have yet to get it to work. I have tried both "GUIMenu(" and "sum(", and neither one work. Is this still something thats in DCS8, or is there some other way of accessing this method? (among the others similar to it)

Sorry, I had this posted in the wrong place a second ago. My bad.
The GUI API is not in DCS8. Hopefully our Wiki community will make the DCS8 libs clearer.
KermMartian wrote:

DJ_O wrote:
Actually, Doors CSE runs all TI-BASIC programs in 15MHz mode (as does the TI-OS). Therefore, real(0,2,0) should be the one where you see a speed difference.

Yeah I tried both real(0,2,0) and real(0,2,1) to compare, as well as without any of them, yet I still got identical speed.
Another bug... I have 1.5 pages of programs, and from the second page, If I try to go up to the first page, it gives me Error: Link.

I can go down and loop to the top, but I can't go up to go the the top page.
16aroth6 wrote:
Another bug... I have 1.5 pages of programs, and from the second page, If I try to go up to the first page, it gives me Error: Link.

I can go down and loop to the top, but I can't go up to go the the top page.
I tried and failed to replicate this bug. Is it replicable? If so, can you please send me a backup of your calculator?
Awhile back, I downloaded Tectic A from Ti Calc: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/455/45506.html. When I ran it on my calculator, it seemed to cause a Ram Clear frequently when I quit it. I recently tried running it in Doors CS 8. When I tried to quit it, the screen went completely white except it had the little loading thing in the upper right hand corner. Then the screen turned off. I pressed the on button, but it would not turn on again. I tried resetting it using the reset button on the back, but it still would not turn on. The battery is completely charged: When I plugged it in the charge light turned green. Is there any reason why this would happen? Is the calculator permanently damaged or is there a way to fix it.
Just got the RC1 today. I am very impressed with the results!

Will the GUI mouse be taken out forever in this version? I kind of like the mouse because it allows the user to view the entire "desktop" unblemished by inverted icons and such. I also noted that pressing the arrow keys while renaming a file/folder will result in null characters being printed.

Overall, I really like this build.
tstew wrote:
Awhile back, I downloaded Tectic A from Ti Calc: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/455/45506.html. When I ran it on my calculator, it seemed to cause a Ram Clear frequently when I quit it. I recently tried running it in Doors CS 8. When I tried to quit it, the screen went completely white except it had the little loading thing in the upper right hand corner. Then the screen turned off. I pressed the on button, but it would not turn on again. I tried resetting it using the reset button on the back, but it still would not turn on. The battery is completely charged: When I plugged it in the charge light turned green. Is there any reason why this would happen? Is the calculator permanently damaged or is there a way to fix it.
This is a problem many TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculators are having, and it's not related to Tetric A or any assembly program. It appears to be a hardware defect in TI's latest calculator; you can read other instances of this failure here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9471 (there's one other user with the issue who hasn't posted yet).

tstew wrote:
You stated above that Doors CSE 8 will not have a cursor. Is there a possibility that future versions would have to option of enabling a cursor? I liked idea of having a cursor on my calculator and would love to see this on the color calculators.
I don't currently plan to return to a mouse-based interface for Doors CSE.

comicIDIOT wrote:
The GUI API is not in DCS8. Hopefully our Wiki community will make the DCS8 libs clearer.
As comic says, the API calls available for Doors CS for the monochrome calculators are much different than the calls available for Doors CSE for the color TI-84+CSE, although some of the GUI system might eventually get ported to Doors CSE 8.

Ephraim B wrote:
Can you also add the battery percentage.
Doors CSE already shows as much information about the battery percentage as the hardware provides. There are five separate battery levels that Doors CSE can read, plus the charging state, and it has different icons for each one.
BUG in Doors for Kerm's analog clock 2.0:
(1) Open Doors CSE
(2) Right-click on program and choose Edit
(3) Edit anything
(4) Quit editor
(5) Run program from Archive
(6) Program is at 1/2 of normal speed and the star at 7 o'clock doesn't show up.

This bug was new in RC1
RAM reset fixes it, but cycle restarts if editor is opened...
Not sure what's happening here...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours