You know, you are the second person to say that, though TI-City has been around for over a year... Razz
I could have sworn you showed me an AOEish screenshot at some point... or were you considering making an AOE clone?
Oh, I had thought about it, but decided it was too complex for me to want to do... Anyways, I am more an RPG person, so I will stick with that...
Oh, ok. So since I obviously can't keep track of all the amazing project ideas you've come up with, would you mind summarizing the premise of TI-City briefly?
Sure:

The main character is with the Imperial Army, and has attacked and defeated an Orc army. What wasn't known was that that was not the only Orc army in that area, and were shortly attacked again, and everyone but you died. Your character flees, and makes it to the city, but what he sees troubles him, for the city itself has not only been ravaged by war, but also something else seems to be amiss. So you must set up a defense against the Orc army, and try to figure out what is up with the city...

What do you think?

Edit:

I was looking at the code for the battle system, and realized I need to be severely punished, for I am using Goto inside a while statement... I am going to completely rewrite the code now, to use multiple While statements, to get rid of the problem... Smile
Tsk tsk! Evil evil evil. Very Happy
trust me, when I saw that, I was unhappy... But then I remembered that I was just trying to patch together a battle system, so that covers me. Very Happy
Oh, ok. You have been excused. Smile I'm sure you can find some other optimizations to make as well, no?
Yup. The first being I am getting rid of Codex, and replacing with Resource. Then playing around with some loops to make a better lbl/goto system. After that, who knows... Smile
Why, you only use the archive/unarchive functions of Codex?
I also use it to clear parts of the screen, but that can be done in BASIC just as easily, just not as fast. Smile
By using the good ol' Line(X,Y,X,Y,0 command in a loop, I presume? Smile
That or the Text(-1,x,y, (or y,x, I can never remember...) Smile
If anyone wants to join in on the fun for the next intro screen, basically just saying TI-Freakware proudly presents, then go to http://omnimaga.dyndns.org/index.php?showtopic=1505&st=0&#last and give your opinion! Smile
It's Text(-1,Y,X. And yes, I voted for #5 in the omnimaga topic.
cool. Smile

I think I will pic a basic one, and then I can add "items" to the background or something, for each game...
eeeexxcellent. That can be your trademark, like my particular type of 2-line exit text.
Now, what would be the best way to turn that into a .8xi file?
Use the TI-Connect image thing. I'd suggest SourceCoder, but it doesn't do that yet. Smile
Alright, I will try that...

Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours