I have a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition that I'm trying to get the ROM off of with TILP. I had TI Connect on my computer, so I downloaded TILP and the filter driver installer. I ran the installer and downloaded the filter driver for the "TI Educational Handheld Device," which I assumed was my calculator. I then installed TILP.

I started TILP, and in the command prompt that popped up, I got the messages:

"ticables-WARNING **: no devices found!
tilp-WARNING**: Attempting to communicate with calculator"none"!
libglade-WARNING **: unknown property "orientation" for class 'GtkUbox' (this one appears three times)"

I went to file, change device, and changed my cable from Null to DirectLink (I'm using the black cable that came with my calculator, which I bought in store), and my Calc to TI84+. I left my port at #1, my timeout at 15, and my delay at 10. I also checked the USB scan at startup box.

Sometimes, when I click "Ready" nothing happens. I am able to use the Dirlist function.

Other times, whenever I click "Ready" in TILP, I get the error message:

"Msg: faled to open the USB device.
Cause: Check that the USB cable is plugged in and that the calculator is turned ON! Also, check libusb and usbfs for valid permissions.
System: (1854698580) The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request."

I then hit "close," then this pops up:

"The cable cannot be used. Cause: the cable has not been initialized due to a previous/current error."

The calculator is on and plugged in when I try this, and the Dump ROM option under Tools has been grayed out the entire time. Any help is appreciated!
theasianpianist,

I'm going to assume this is on windows correct?

It sounds like you don't have the libusb drivers installed. You can either do it manually via the device manager or you can use the libusb0-win32 filter driver installer found here to install the filter driver which allows you to keep the TI-Connect driver and the TILP driver installed at the same time.

If you need help with either of these options post and we'll be happy to walk you through either of them.
I have some of the same problems as theasianpianist. TiLP recognizes that my calculator is connected, but I get this:
libglade-WARNING **: unknown property "orientation" for class 'GtkUbox'
When I go to tools to click Dump Rom, it is light gray instead of black and I can't click it. Any ideas?
Please provide the usual bare minimum information:
* computer OS type;
* computer OS version;
* calculator type;
* calculator OS version;
* cable type (presumably SilverLink or DirectLink);
* TILP version (needs to be 1.17 or 1.18 beta).
I am using a windows computer. I have a TI-84+ Silver edition calculator running the newer operating system. (I don't know the number). I am using a directlink cable. I am using TILP version 1.16.
Quote:
I have a TI-84+ Silver edition... I am using a directlink cable. I am using TILP version 1.16.

That's precisely the problem Smile
The version of libticalcs corresponding to TILP II 1.16 failed to advertise the 84+(SE) ROM dumping capability for DirectLink. This bug was fixed in June 2012, several commits after TILP II 1.16: https://github.com/debrouxl/tilibs/commit/9e92faceb8366576b9c742b5ca81d130827dfc3b .

Just upgrade to TILP II 1.18 beta (it's more stable and more featureful than 1.17), which you can download from the beta-testing topic on Cemetech: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208470#208470 .
I got version 1.17 of TILP, and now I can start the ROM dump, but I get two error messages after clicking 'forward' to send the program two my calculator. The first is 'unable to reset usb device' and the second is 'error occurred while writing to the device'
mooinghorse wrote:
I got version 1.17 of TILP, and now I can start the ROM dump, but I get two error messages after clicking 'forward' to send the program two my calculator. The first is 'unable to reset usb device' and the second is 'error occurred while writing to the device'
Lionel already addressed that:
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Just upgrade to TILP II 1.18 beta (it's more stable and more featureful than 1.17), which you can download from the beta-testing topic on Cemetech: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208470#208470 .
I tried 1.18, but it didn't recognize my calculator and the toolbar with file, edit, view, tools, and help showed up as a bunch of dashes, so that's why i used 1.17.
mooinghorse wrote:
I tried 1.18, but it didn't recognize my calculator and the toolbar with file, edit, view, tools, and help showed up as a bunch of dashes, so that's why i used 1.17.
Ahh, that makes sense. That sounds like a bug report that Lionel will probably be interested in, and may ask you a few more details about to clarify.
84+(SE) DirectLink ROM dumping worked for me last time I tried, I guess I'll have to make a new try...
Try increasing the timeout to 5s (50).

The odd toolbar you're reporting is news to me as well, which means that there's something somehow special on your computer, and/or that TILP has been broken for a while but nobody bothers.
I guess debugging that one will be fun, as I'm unlikely to be able to reproduce the bug.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours