Hi,

I was hoping some programming Ninja would be able to create a shell for me. I just bought my TI-84+ C, and I'd really rather no lose it. I was hoping someone could create a program that when the calculator boots up, it automatically runs a program named "STARTUP". STARTUP would just be a Basic program that just does function x, then ends.

I hope that this wouldn't be too hard to do, I can clarify any of the features if my ideas are too convoluted.

-Prodigal
You can grab DoorsCS 8, that's as good as a shell your going to get. And there is a selection that makes doors run every time you turn on your calc if you want.
zeldaking wrote:
You can grab DoorsCS 8, that's as good as a shell your going to get. And there is a selection that makes doors run every time you turn on your calc if you want.

That's not what he's looking for. Entirely. When the calculator powers on, it'll open DCS8 which will then run the program that'll "lock" his calculator until the correct password is typed in.
this is quite possible. I might make it sometime.

but don't get your hopes up, my main focus is iOS/Android dev now
Well, it would be easier to make something that will do the reverse: Just run prgmSTARTUP, then proceed normally. A simple ASM program could create an OFFSCRIPT to do this.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it would be easier to make something that will do the reverse: Just run prgmSTARTUP, then proceed normally. A simple ASM program could create an OFFSCRIPT to do this.

that sets a keyhook that runs the program when turned back on...?
parrotgeek1 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

that sets a keyhook that runs the program when turned back on...?
Exactly. You can thank the broken ONSCRIPT system for the fact that we have to do that. Neutral

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours