Okay, I know I haven't been on very often, but now I have a problem on my laptop and this is the best place I know of to solve it that I already have an account on.

Potentially relevant details:
Windows 7 (I don't know what the version's called, but it's like Win7 Lite)
Dell Inspirion Mini

So, on my laptop there are two accounts, MiniMatt, which isn't an admin, and SetupUser, which is. I personally don't know the password for SetupUser, since I've never needed to know it, but apperently my brother does, because he has used it to make the MiniMatt account invisible. Is there a way for me to login as MiniMatt without knowing SetupUser's password, or did my brother pull off a successful "you-can't-use-this"?
You have a few options. One, you can boot into safe mode (hit F8 while booting, before the windows booting screen shows up) and log in as an admin with no password. <ad>You can also use a TI89ti as a boot drive using Linky and reset the password</ad>

But i'm not a huge windows person, so what I know is as-is. :/

Hope that works
AHelper wrote:
You have a few options. One, you can boot into safe mode (hit F8 while booting, before the windows booting screen shows up) and log in as an admin with no password.

Hope that works

Will the F8 button work if it's a tertiary function of K?
So, "hiding" the account probably means deleting it.

And, if there's an admin account with a password set up, Safe Mode boot will probably require that password.
if i ever get issues, i use something called Hiren's BootCD. it has a bunch of tools, of which two happen to change existing passwords on a system.

[url="Hiren.info"]Hiren's Homepage[/url]

however, i havent ever actually used these tools myself, just the linux booter that is installed with it and the hard drive nuker. give it a try, though, unless someone else on cemetech knows a better way.
Well, that will require him to have an external DVD/CD drive, since it's a dell mini, and they have no optical devices to speak of.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours