Have you looked at Weregoose's program? That sucker is just way too fast... Laughing

I am gonna see about getting all the sprites for the first couple towns put in the game, plus I am thinking that the 16x16 version of the sign will work better, than having the huge version with the text inside of it...
Cool, cool. Keep me informed.
Well, Kirb was nice enough to send me a bunch of sprites, I just have to get all the hex codes put in. I am glad that it was able to work, because otherwise, I would have had to store it in Binary, and trust me, that was memory hogging...
I can imagine...256 bytes per sprite. :/
So, do you need me to whip you up any sprites?
O_O so after this, Pokemon Purple will have real sprites?
That's what it sounds like. Yay.
KermMartian wrote:
That's what it sounds like. Yay.

This is the most promising project Ive heard about in a long time. There are no very few complete pokemon games, and most dont have graphics.
I am sticking the maps the way thay are. I might come back later and make a version with better graphics, but the sprites themselves are just going to be used for dialogues, and for battles. This game is mainly to prove how versatile the RPG Starter Kit is, which so far, is proving to be a very good engine to use, if I do say so myself... Very Happy
Indeed. Hmm, I made a little parallax scrolling RPG map thing, I wonder if it would be useful for anyone...?
You need to set up a topic for "Stuff that I made but find no use for" Laughing
Laughing Agreed.
TI-Freak8x wrote:
This game is mainly to prove how versatile the RPG Starter Kit is, which so far, is proving to be a very good engine to use, if I do say so myself... Very Happy

Technically, this could be said of my game too.
What, that your game proves the usefulness of your engine, or of his?
Each of our games shows the power of each of our RPG engines.
Yup, we both created kick @$$ engines. Very Happy

So far, I have 6 16x16 sprites for the game coded in, and I think the images are fairly impressive. Smile

I know the one has hair issues, and will be fixed (I have to check which hex values I got wrong, but for the most part, that is the only error, and I converted the images from graph paper to hex with out any problems. Smile I am starting to get the hang of binary>hex conversions...)

These graphics will mainly be for dialogues, and for battles, because 16x16 for gameplay would just be too large...
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Yup, we both created kick @$$ engines. Very Happy

So far, I have 6 16x16 sprites for the game coded in, and I think the images are fairly impressive. Smile

I know the one has hair issues, and will be fixed (I have to check which hex values I got wrong, but for the most part, that is the only error, and I converted the images from graph paper to hex with out any problems. Smile I am starting to get the hang of binary>hex conversions...)

These graphics will mainly be for dialogues, and for battles, because 16x16 for gameplay would just be too large...

How long does it take each sprite to render?
a second, not much more... Like I said, the routine he made is just super fast...

I also had to modify the code to make it dynamic, so it didn't just place a sprite in one spot. Once I make it detect the size of the sprite, then I will see if he will let me upload it with both our names on it... Smile
TI-Freak8x wrote:
a second, not much more... Like I said, the routine he made is just super fast...

I also had to modify the code to make it dynamic, so it didn't just place a sprite in one spot. Once I make it detect the size of the sprite, then I will see if he will let me upload it with both our names on it... Smile

Shock Wow, that's incredible! I'm gonna have to use this in some of my programs.
Let me get you the link to the topic...

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=4536

Trust me, after I saw how fast this rendered, I fell out of my chair... And read the whole topic, as he amended the code later on, I think... Smile Use the hex sprites found in the program I loaded, and run with that code that weregoose made. You should be surprised...
Just tried it. WOW.

Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours