Wow, very nice designs Smile Good Idea
elfprince13 wrote:
Wow, very nice designs Smile Good Idea

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Very nice indeed Smile

Good to see the foundations of the shell.
Very cool !
Thanks everyone! It's starting to come together, slowly but surely. I'll keep posting interesting screenshots as they come.
Finally, with Doors CSE coming together, I have ample motivation to buy a CSE once Pokemon X and Y come out and after my birthday so I can adress my finances.
This is very exciting. I can't wait for this to come out, and those are some good looking screenshots!
I'm trying to test custom ASM program icons, starting with Tetric A, but I need a .rorg-equivalent in Brass. Does anyone know of a way to do this? .org and .relocate are not helping me, and I can't do something like .org UserMem-HeaderLength. There's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem.

Edit: I got it, but it's super-awkward. Is there a better way?
Code:
.nolist
#include "ti84pcse.inc"
;...
.list
   .org UserMem
BinaryStart:
   ;...
HeaderStart:
   .dw ASMStart-HeaderStart ;offset to code
   ;...
ASMStart:
   .relocate UserMem
ProgramStart:
   ;...
.endrelocate
.end

Edit #2: Working custom icons (type 0 from this evolving header spec), which means that header parsing is also working. It also is very flexible in what it accepts in the BASIC portion of the polyglot header:
*bump* (Okay, I'm 4 hours short of a bump, but close enough). I have created an enlarging 4-bit sprite routine that draws the source data at 2x size. It can be used for any size sprite, but here specifically I'm using it to enlarge 16x16 4-bit icons to 32x32 size. Note also the 2-bit 32x32 icon and the two default icons. Next job for me is BASIC icons.

That's some fancy icon work there! Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
That's some fancy icon work there! Very Happy
Thanks! And to all the tifreak8x and Merthsofts of the world, the BASIC icon format will now definitely use 16x16 icons with the default OS palette. Here's a sample of a blue frog converted (using SourceCoder!) and embedded (also in SourceCoder 3!) in a BASIC program, stored in Archive, with Doors CSE 8 displaying the icon:

Wow nice work!

How are the icons stored in the BASIC program?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Wow nice work!

How are the icons stored in the BASIC program?
They are 256 hex digits, forming a 16x16, 4-bit-color (16-color) icon. They use the standard OS palette, where 1=blue, 2=red, 3=black, and so on. The source for the FROGGER program looks like this:
Code:
::DCS
:BBBDE......[256]
:Disp "Frog"
I think the BASIC and ASM overlays would be nice even with a custom icon, that way you know what it is.
merthsoft wrote:
I think the BASIC and ASM overlays would be nice even with a custom icon, that way you know what it is.
I think that's a great idea, but I also hesitate to have people's effort (and byte expense) covered by my own content. Idea: Have the InfoPop popup that will show the icon, description, and size (and author?) when you leave the cursor over a program icon/name have that BASIC/ASM label over the icon, but omit it from the desktop?
What happens when you select the icons? Is the an opportunity to change the colour of a selection background (if there is one) depending on the type?
tr1p1ea wrote:
What happens when you select the icons? Is the an opportunity to change the colour of a selection background (if there is one) depending on the type?
Instead of a mouse, there will be a movable highlight, like what happens when you press the arrow keys inside a folder on Windows. I was planning to just invert the pixels, but changing the background based on type would be entirely possible.
Well with the moveable highlight, perhaps it can include the ASM/BASIC overlay only when the icon is highlighted? This way you wont lose the artistic impact of the icons except when highlighted, at which point the colours are inverted anyway.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Well with the moveable highlight, perhaps it can include the ASM/BASIC overlay only when the icon is highlighted? This way you wont lose the artistic impact of the icons except when highlighted, at which point the colours are inverted anyway.
Oh, that's rather clever. I may indeed do that; the only trouble will be finding enough RAM to cache the original icon while the replacement is there. Finding RAM for anything graphics-related on this calculator is a pain in the neck.
I think that's a good compromise. As for the RAM, you don't need to replace the icon, do you? Just draw over the that little section with the BASIC or ASM thing, and then just redraw the icon when you move off it, pulling the data in the way you did before.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 18
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours