I'm looking for a program that works like TI Data Editor that works on Ubuntu. With the capacity to edit at least TI Program files. Anyone any ideas?
TokenIDE works on Linux under Mono (last time I tested it). And, of course, SorceCoder works online, so is OS independent.
Anything that has no dependencies? I was able to get tiLp working on Linux with a bit of work...
SourceCoder works on Linux with no dependencies. TokenIDE works with one dependency. I believe Merthsoft just answered your question with those good facts.
Were you able to get tilp to run with no dependencies? That's impressive... I don't think there are any (actively developed) native Linux apps that modify TI files.
Oh, you said Mono. I was thinking about Wine. lol. ok tnx merth.
merthsoft wrote:
Were you able to get tilp to run with no dependencies? That's impressive... I don't think there are any (actively developed) native Linux apps that modify TI files.
And I wasn't aware that TILP was an app to modify TI files. Wink
merthsoft wrote:

Edit: sudo apt-get install tilp2. Then install a patch and it works perfectly, as long as you give the calc type and cable type as arguments.
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
I'm not sure anyone is making such a claim Wink
I have yet to find one, but I have my own Ubuntu 12.04 with a running version of tilp. After compiling and installing dependencies, it works great. I use SourceCoder though now I might try TokenIDE...
ACagliano wrote:
merthsoft wrote:

Edit: sudo apt-get install tilp2. Then install a patch and it works perfectly, as long as you give the calc type and cable type as arguments.

So at the very least sudo and apt-get are dependencies. I assume any other dependencies it required you also already had installed.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
I'm not sure anyone is making such a claim Wink
I know, that was pointed at ACagliano rather than you. I was making an admittedly-snide comment about him conflating installing TILP without dependencies and program editors without dependencies. Smile
Well, sudo and apt-get are prebuilt into the kernel so I wouldn't call them dependencies. But, yes, it does have some...
Okay, I just tested TokenIDE under Wine 1.5.18, and it ran, but crashed as soon as I tried to open a .8XP file. I'm gonna try under Crossover and see if I get any better luck.

EDIT:
Aaaaaaand Crossover failed as well, and mono failed immediately :/
That's because you should be running it under Mono, like I said, not WINE.
Yeah, mono gave me this:
$ mono ./TokensIDE.exe
Cannot open assembly './TokensIDE.exe': No such file or directory.
seth@Roguebantha:~/TokenIDE$ mono ./TokenIDE.exe
Missing method EnableVisualStyles in assembly /home/seth/TokenIDE/TokenIDE.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
What version of Mono are you using? You'll need at least version 2.8.
$mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-1ubuntu2.2)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
It seems you're missing some of the assemblies needed to run GUI programs, specifically it kind find System.Windows.Forms. How did you install it?
I was actually working on a commandline utility based on libti* to do this for a while, but I never got much farther than handling group files. Now that TokenIDE can handle many of the tasks I originally intended for this tool to be used for I never had much motivation to continue it.

That said, if someone prodded me more I might pick it up again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours