Edit: This bit of news was a fabrication, unfortunately. It has been removed from the front page.

Cemetech has been at the front of the pack in reporting news on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, a new calculator from Texas Instruments. We reached the front page of Slashdot with our initial coverage, and thanks to an interview with Texas Instruments, got official updates about the TI-84 Plus C SE's software. Finally, a TI contact who wishes to remain anonymous confirmed to us that the device will have 3.5MB of user-accessible Flash and 21KB of user-accessible RAM.

Now, a user on Omnimaga has posted what is purportedly a Pocket version of the TI-84 Plus C SE, called the TI-84 Plus C Pocket SE (think they could make that name any longer?). This device will presumably resemble the existing TI-84 Plus Pocket SE, available only in Europe and bringing all the features of its bigger cousins in a thinner, shorter case. We look forward to more updates from TI sources.

for an answer to your "Can they make the name any longer?":

TI-84 Plus C Pocket SEM.

not that it exists, just me guessing what theyd do if they plugged in more ram.
TI's own representatives had a laugh at the name "TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition" as a product name, so they're not without a sense of humor. It's unfortunate that these Pocket devices never seem to make it Stateside, considering how sleek they are. Perhaps American consumers feel like they're not getting enough for their money without a giant calculator? Something like Hummer Syndrome?
I wonder why don't they just call it TI-84 C Pocket SE or TI-84 Pocket C SE, considering the France-only TI-84 Pocket.Fr had the "Plus" removed from the name?
DJ_O wrote:
I wonder why don't they just call it TI-84 C Pocket SE or TI-84 Pocket C SE, considering the France-only TI-84 Pocket.Fr had the "Plus" removed from the name?
It's a decent thought, but that might incense Brandon Wilson unnecessarily, as well as further perpetuation the use of "TI-84" to describe the TI-84+/SE.
Haha kudos to adriweb at omnimaga for trolling us all. Razz But this would be neat if this was going to happen. I think TI will eventually make this, as there are pocket models for the other ti-84 families.
Even though it was fake and a troll, I'm pretty confident that this device will exist eventually.
Adriweb mentions something like "What if this became reality, one day?". Given that it's Adriweb, who's under TI NDA, who says that, maybe that means something?

And yeah, nice trolling skills it seems, considering this made front page on 3 calc sites (although I was a bit skeptical at first and decided to add a question mark at the end of the title).
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: This bit of news was a fabrication, unfortunately. It has been removed from the front page.

I've been beaten to the punch. I was going to comment on how the pictures below the calculator image are the block gray and black rather than color but alas, I can't.

But I did!
DJ_O wrote:
Adriweb mentions something like "What if this became reality, one day?". Given that it's Adriweb, who's under TI NDA, who says that, maybe that means something?.

Well, I really have no insight at all about this. I knew about the 84C, but never heard of a Pocket one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours