as i am trying to emerse myself in the studies of software, i decided to get the TISDCC program-- but realised i dont know how to use either the application, nor do i know Small C to any extent. if someone could help me jump off with how to use the program and a tutorial, i would be very thankful.
I don't know much about Small C at all. I will note this: I don't think that program has many (only a few) BCalls available for you to use. Also note that it will probably make large code.

If you want to program the ti8x in C, you would be best off using SDCC and GlassOS (which still is on the back burner).
well, tisdcc uses sdcc, right? and glassOS--is that an App, or the 8xu being promoted by cemetech? i need to look into that sometime...
If i recall correctly GlassOS is an entirely new operating system. You can no longer run TI Basic programs, but all C Programs can be run. (I do believe he was adding support for z80 asm as well, but dont quote me on that).
does it have a project page? i dont use basic anymore, so no big problem with that; except for making math easy.
Here is The GlassOS SDK

and here is The Project Page
Well, until KermM stops hogging the tardis and let's me go back in time, I lack the needed time to finish the OS.

GlaßOS is a replacement OS that provides no compatibility with TIOS and doesn't share any code. You can program in whatever language you want, but over 95% of the project is in C. You just need to use a stack-based calling convention.

Oh, my bad, that is tisdcc. I was thinking about another compiler for small c. NOTE, SDCC is C89/C99, not Small C!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours