trailer time. http://io9.com/first-real-trailer-for-the-doctor-who-anniversary-dale-1461175336
elfprince13 wrote:
And complementary to that, David Tennant's blog has a bunch of interesting screencaps from that same trailer, in case you're not a pause button ninja:

http://tennantnews.blogspot.com/2013/11/photos-screencaps-from-day-of-doctor.html
The extended one is better:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x170fgv_the-day-of-the-doctor-extended-trailer_shortfilms?start=1

I'm so excited! Very Happy
I'm excited too! I'm starting to think the episode is going to be about the version of the Doctor that "ended' the Time War, and that that red button is somehow part of that.
If Bad Wolfiness is used handwavingly, it'd better also be done terrifyingly (ala "I see the atoms of your existence and they are divided"), rather than using Rose as some kind of lame psycho-oracle-thing.
elfprince13 wrote:
If Bad Wolfiness is used handwavingly, it'd better also be done terrifyingly (ala "I see the atoms of your existence and they are divided"), rather than using Rose as some kind of lame psycho-oracle-thing.
I definitely agree on that. I found the end of Bad Wolf to be one of the most powerful moments in the series, other than the Doctor and Rose on opposite sides of the wall (and universes) at the end of the following season. It would be rather unfortunate if Moffat cheapened that moment.
INFINITE SQUEEE.

elfprince13 wrote:
INFINITE SQUEEE.

SQUEEEEEEE!

Nearly one week away...
So did canon really never claim that Eccleston was Doctor number 9? I swear that it did at some point. Also squeee.
KermMartian wrote:
So did canon really never claim that Eccleston was Doctor number 9? I swear that it did at some point. Also squeee.

It may have, but I'm sure they'll retcon/reinterpret that into him lying, or meaning only specifically the 9th "Doctor". There's previously been ambiguity about his incarnations because of some weirdness in The Brain of Morbius (which incidentally takes place at the site of this very episode).

Personally, I'm just going to continue squeeing that McGann just extended his Doctor Who video-career by almost 10%.

And who knows, maybe we'll get a 9 cameo after all?
elfprince13 wrote:
And who knows, maybe we'll get a 9 cameo after all?
I live in hope of that. He was my second-favorite of the new-series doctors, after all. And I didn't realize the history of the location in this short film; I'll have to go back and look at that episode/series, if possible.
So this is also a lovely way to get caught up.
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-the-doctor-numbering-stays-exactly-the-same-55354.htm Was asked to toss this in here, seems Moffat isn't changing the numbering of the Doctor, as this 'Doctor' doesn't take the official name.
I was thinking. What if when the eighth doctor took the drink to regenerate, it didn't count as a real regeneration? You never know...

Also,

*BUMP*

While we wait...

Spenceboy98 wrote:
*BUMP*

While we wait...
[video]
That was excellent, thanks for sharing. Smile That just makes me more excited to have Tennant back in the Doctor's sharp pinstriped suit.
So, tickets booked for Saturday. This will be quite interesting, judging by the trailers!
At the moment, all I will say is, wow. The 50th was just amazing, and didn't really break previous episodes in any real way.

Going to need to rewatch it later, see if there were anythings I missed.
This is a hilarious 30 minute road-trip/shenanigans movie with 5/6/7/8 (and sort of 4), plus tons of cameos.

http://io9.com/classic-doctor-who-actors-try-to-join-the-special-in-a-1470442008
Spoilers, of course, so read on with caution. Anyway, while the 50th was a fun romp with Tennant and Piper, which always makes me happy, it was riddled with plot holes that kept me from really enjoying it, as I've been discussing with some of my friends on Facebook. For example:
1) I'm still stuck trying to understand how this impacts the two episodes ending Tennant's reign.
2) The fact that it's suddenly a good idea to save the Time Lords and that they're not as horrible monsters as the Daleks jarred me. Also the fact that the Time War was described as spanning time and space, with Time itself inventing new terrible monsters and bringing warriors back to life just to die again, and now it's shown as a single time on a single planet. Plus how did they even get into Gallifrey at all if it was time locked? Does Moment Rose magically get to bypass the time lock?
3) The "make the Daleks shoot each other" is exactly the ending of Blink, with a different enemy.
4) The ending: I can control my appearance suddenly and go back to reassuming an old look! And also I guess I get free regenerations now?
5) Also, at the end they decided that Hurt was allowed to be called the Doctor again, which flies directly in the face of Moffat claiming that Hurt definitively does not count as an actual Doctor.

And so much more. Neutral

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours