Hey,

I'm new to this forum, my username is Abiram26. Very Happy

Anyway, I've this problem...
I own a TI 84 Plus.
And I've no idea how to make Pokemon Red 2.6 work: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/248/24889.html
First, I can't open Pokemon2 in PRGM, it gives me an error.
Second, I can't send the Grouped file PKMNRED.8xg to the RAM, it doesn't give me this option Sad
And MirageOS doesn't recognise Pokemon2 as a PRGM.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,
Abiram26
You probably need to ungroup the said group file, accomplish this by going into the Memory menu([2nd] + [+], choosing the Group option, and ungrouping the file.

Hope this helps Wink
turiqwalrus wrote:
You probably need to ungroup the said group file, accomplish this by going into the Memory menu([2nd] + [+], choosing the Group option, and ungrouping the file.

Hope this helps Wink

Well, I already did that... otherwise I couldn't have the POKEMON2 in my PRGM and all those Z##### files.
Right, can you give me the specific error message, then?
I open Pokemon2 in the PRGM.
It will give me: ERR:UNDEFINED
First, get Doors CS instead of MirageOS, as it can run BASIC programs from archive. Wink Second, when the program says ERR:UNDEFINED, choose 2: Goto and tell us what the cursor goes to in the code. If there is no 2: Goto option, then right-click on the Pokemon2 program in Doors CS and choose (un)lock, then try again.
KermMartian wrote:
First, get Doors CS instead of MirageOS, as it can run BASIC programs from archive. Wink
MirageOS can do it too Wink
But I agree, DoorsCS' homerun hook is much more convenient than having to scroll through MirageOS' menu Smile
Hayleia wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
First, get Doors CS instead of MirageOS, as it can run BASIC programs from archive. Wink
MirageOS can do it too Wink
But I agree, DoorsCS' homerun hook is much more convenient than having to scroll through MirageOS' menu Smile
Only programs with the MOS header, not any old TI-BASIC program. Also, although Pokemon Red probably isn't one such program, BASIC programs can hint to Doors CS about subprograms that they will need, that Doors CS can unarchive and later re-archive for them. Actually, I had forgotten that MirageOS could run archived BASIC programs (are you sure about that?).
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, I had forgotten that MirageOS could run archived BASIC programs (are you sure about that?).

Yes, I just tried Wink
But you are right, it has problems with subprograms and needs a header.
I must point out that MirageOS can unlock programs too Wink
You can also run archived files from MirageOS, so I don't see the point...
The problem is that Pokemon2 doesn't appear in the MirageOS program list
Abiram26 wrote:
You can also run archived files from MirageOS, so I don't see the point...
The problem is that Pokemon2 doesn't appear in the MirageOS program list
Aye, the BASIC program is missing the header that makes MirageOS recognize it. That's a particular design choice of MirageOS; other shells, like Doors CS, choose to recognize all BASIC programs. But let's get back to what the ERR:UNDEFINED error reveals.
If needed, he could probably just add the header himself, though...
at the beginning of the program, just add a line containing a colon and the name it should show up as(Remember, the colons that always show up at the left of each line in the editor don't count)
And I've got an example here:
Please make sure you downloaded this one: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/248/24889.html ?

What OS are you running on your computer? I have windows 7, and I was able to right click on the .8xg file, and select 'extract all'. Now drop all of those files into your RAM. There are 4 files in the main folder, Pic8, ZM, ZPF and ZTOWN. These files go to your Archive. The game should run.

I mention for you to extract the files manually because I don't trust TI Connect to do the job properly with sending a .8xg.

And I just did all of the above myself, the game ran.
It finally worked Very Happy
This is what I did:
I extracted PKMNRED.8xg on the computer.
I send all those files to my Ti84 plus.
Then I send the 4 other files to my archive and it just worked. Without using DoorsCS or MirageOS.

But now I've an other question...
Can I send some Z##### files to archive and still be able to play Pokemon?
Because my RAM is almost full Sad
So are there applications that can run archived files? And also it's sub-archived files?
It would require doors cs and editing the main file so Doors knows to run them from archive. Otherwise, you'll have to leave those files in RAM when you want to play. You could always write down the ones you archive, so you can remember to unarchive them before you play it again.

Also, you just described what I posted right above your post.
Okay thanks...
So how can I make Doors CS know, to run/write the files from/to archive?
You should take a look at this, which shows how to tell Doors CS to unarchive the programs that Pokemon needs in order to run.
Well that's too complicated for me...
And Pokemon Red's GUI dissappointed me a bit...
So I think I'll play Pokemon Purple of Ti-freak 8x Very Happy

And I've a question about Pokemon Purple :p
If Tifreak8x has updated the game. Will the old save file of the previous version still work?

Btw, @Ti-freak, can't you just put all PRGM files into one PRGM file? Would be much easier for most of us...
For one, Pokemon purple is not finished yet, and won't be for a relatively long time.
As to why pokemon purple can not be put into one program, that is because there is a size limit for any individual program. Additionally, there are some ASM routines called in PP's code, these cannot be put into a BASIC program.

However, if you desperately want to play a pokemon game, I'd recommend Pokemon Topaze by Hayleia, as it's a fully functional pokemon game(it doesn't have any dialogue and not all of the pokemon, though)
You can find it here in the Cemetech Archives

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours