Hey, I have no idea how z80 asm works, as I mostly use axe. However I needed help on how to make the z80 asm program run an app with a predefined name. That's it. Oh and if possible, to not display the "Done" message.

Can anyone help me on how to do this? (Its for the ti83+/84+/84+SE)
Are you wanting to run an actual App, as in, in the App menu, or do you mean a program? If it's an App, running it won't put the "Done" message anyway (though your program's execution might), and I'm not sure that can be done.
For running nostub ASM programs, there's a bcall: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:BCALLs:4E7C
For BASIC programs and programs that require shells, I don't know what would be involved.
merthsoft wrote:
Are you wanting to run an actual App, as in, in the App menu, or do you mean a program? If it's an App, running it won't put the "Done" message anyway (though your program's execution might), and I'm not sure that can be done.
For running nostub ASM programs, there's a bcall: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:BCALLs:4E7C
For BASIC programs and programs that require shells, I don't know what would be involved.

I need an actual app itself from the appmenu, and don't worry about the shells.
The bcall that you want is:
Code:
_executeapp equ       4C51h
It is documented on wikiTI, and Michael Vincent's sample code looks like this:

Code:
ld  hl, Appname
ld de,progToEdit
ld bc,8
ldir
B_CALL ExecuteApp
Appname: db "Calcsys "

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours