This is a project I have been working on for a while, but it has been giving me an error. It's called The Control Master. The error it gives me is in the link below. I hope some of you have experience with AGS and will help me.

http://i44.tinypic.com/w1fjba.jpg

Help is appreciated.

Edit: I fixed the problem, and I wanted to show you my character. Here it is:

Opinions please.

Edit by Catherine: Don't double post. If you have something to add, and it's hasn't been 24 hours yet, then edit your old post.
Can you give us more information? Right now, all you've given us is a crudely animated sprite of what (I presume) is the main character. What type of game is it? Plotline? Style?
It's an escape game where you escape the building.
Umm.... Graphical, text based; rpg style, click-on-objects style (Think "Under a Steel Sky")?
I'm not really sure. You move the character around and pick up objects. You use those objects to get though doors and other tough places.
I still have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe some screenshots would help.
http://i44.tinypic.com/n1yzi1.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/21lsy35.png

Screenshots↑↑↑↑↑
Ok, aside from the crudely drawn graphics, that looks like a "click on things" style adventure game. (eew- do it in text)
seana11 wrote:
Ok, aside from the crudely drawn graphics, that looks like a "click on things" style adventure game. (eew- do it in text)

Agreed on the graphics, but I would think the criticism on the actual game genre/style is unnecessary; that would be like telling someone to take their love story they've written and make it a thriller mystery.

Spence, we'll be glad to see what becomes of this little game you're making. Smile Any more information you can tell us about it?
Ashbad wrote:
seana11 wrote:

Agreed on the graphics, but I would think the criticism on the actual game genre/style is unnecessary; that would be like telling someone to take their love story they've written and make it a thriller mystery.

Spence, we'll be glad to see what becomes of this little game you're making. :) Any more information you can tell us about it?

Well, the genre isn't very good, just because of it's limitations, and it can't create anything near what IF can.
Well, I'm planning to put an evil person(The Control Master) who is the one who trapped you. You have to get past him at the end. That's all I've thought of.
Games work better with plot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours