From Tashirojima, the real cat island Smiling Cat
While I adore cats, I must admit that's a bit too many; I'll stick with the feline Smile
That are a bit to many cats IMO... Very Happy
I'd be lying if I said I disagreed with Sarah Razz
Oh... my.....god.....

I would love to live there, FOREVER. Although it needs MOAR KITTEHS
A local superstition involved cats bringing good luck to fisherman, so today we have a gigantic feline population on Tashirojima. This year, the island survived being completely covered by a tsunami and so did the cats. They had to airlift supplies to the island.
I love cats! I want to live there too.

(typing as my cat sits on my lap)
If they were docile enough(and by the look of those exposed fangs, I'd guess they aren't) it would be so fun to fall back and ride a sea of kittehs like a crowd surf at a rock concert...
DShiznit wrote:
If they were docile enough(and by the look of those exposed fangs, I'd guess they aren't) it would be so fun to fall back and ride a sea of kittehs like a crowd surf at a rock concert...

Nah, they look calm, probably are just meowing or something. Heck, my cat shows her fangs all the time while yawning...
qazz42 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Nah, they look calm, probably are just meowing or something. Heck, my cat shows her fangs all the time while yawning...

All things considered I still wouldn't want to be the only other living thing on the island when their food supply runs out...
Relevant?
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

All things considered I still wouldn't want to be the only other living thing on the island when their food supply runs out...

There are about 100 human residents on the island, down from 1000 a while ago.
Sarah wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

There are about 100 human residents on the island, down from 1000 a while ago.

Oh well in that case, I'd only need to outrun a few of them if the cats get hungry...
I am sure every year there is a ritual sacrifice to the cats...
Wow, that's a lot of cats! As much as I love cats, I would feel uncomfortable living there.
qazz42 wrote:
I am sure every year there is a ritual sacrifice to the cats...

Well this got dark quickly...
souvik1997 wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of cats! As much as I love cats, I would feel uncomfortable living there.
Same here, that's just a few too many cats for me. I'd imagine that the stench from territorial marking might get old rather quickly, too.
qazz42 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I thought they were just meowing.

Reminds me of a house I was at once where they had three or so cats outside on the front porch. I started to open the door, and they all started meowing at me simultaneously.

Somehow I suspect having a few dozen cats meowing at me all at once would be pretty creepy. Laughing
Haha, Travis. In my experience, cats don't usually open their mouths that wide and show that much teeth when they're just meowing.
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, Travis. In my experience, cats don't usually open their mouths that wide and show that much teeth when they're just meowing.

Really? It may depend on the cat; I've seen freeze frames of my cats in mid-meow where they indeed often look roughly like that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours