I feel like the last thread started moving in this direction so I created this new post. I want this tread to be specifically on "universal shortcuts to enhance programming in ti basic". Example, creatin a subprogram to use a portion of code repeatedly. What are some other things I and others can do in our programs to increase efficiency, reduce file size, and make the code user friendly. If you have some other shortcuts or programming tricks please share them.
The 1337 Guide to TI-Basic has a lot of cool things you can do with TI-Basic programs.
souvik1997 wrote:
The 1337 Guide to TI-Basic has a lot of cool things you can do with TI-Basic programs.
Thanks for that, Souvik, I definitely recommend that. I would be very interested in expanding that some day with all the new things I've learned since JPez and I released it; if only I had just a bit more free time. Sad
I agree with using the 1337 TI Basic Guide, and also toss http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/ into the pile, as well Smile
_player1537 wrote:
I agree with using the 1337 TI Basic Guide, and also toss http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/ into the pile, as well Smile
Definitely a good choice. I'd recommend my own tutorial, but to be frank, I'm not quite as proud of it anymore as I once was. My upcoming guide, should I make it, will hopefully be something I can heartily recommend. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:

I have tried those tricks on a TI-89 and they don't work. They seem to be for previous models of TI graphing calculators like 83,84, etc. Just for the record.
yes, they are extremely focused on the 83+ through 84+SE.

Also, there's always the option of hybrid languages, like DCSBLibs, Xlib and others.
CharlieMAC wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

I have tried those tricks on a TI-89 and they don't work. They seem to be for previous models of TI graphing calculators like 83,84, etc. Just for the record.
You seem to be derailing a lot of TI-83+/84+ BASIC threads with discussions of TI-89 BASIC, not to sound critical. Smile The two types of TI-BASIC are quite different, as are the operating systems for the two calculators, so there are relatively few parallels to be drawn between programming and optimizing the BASIC variants on the new calculators.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours