Right down the road from campus:

by my old house:

(for comparison, two floods ago, when I was in second grade smashed a tree into the top railing of this bridge)
So it turns out it was as bad as the meteorologists, scientists, and other qualified professionals said it would be. Who would have thought?
OK: so I'm watching the news about the hurricane, and they come to a part on NYC transit. They show a 3 second clip of the last train to somewhere-or-other. There's a row of three people, two girls and a guy, and guess who the guy is, hunched over his laptop with his headphones on, looking as geeky as heck? Kerm! What was even cooler, was I had seen his twitter post through sax on how he was making his way back on the buses after he had taken the last train to his mom's. So cool.
That is awesome. If you can find that clip on the internetz I think we'd all like to see it.
I'd also like to see that clip if you can find it. A preliminary Google search didn't bring it up, as expected, I guess.
seana11 wrote:
OK: so I'm watching the news about the hurricane, and they come to a part on NYC transit. They show a 3 second clip of the last train to somewhere-or-other. There's a row of three people, two girls and a guy, and guess who the guy is, hunched over his laptop with his headphones on, looking as geeky as heck? Kerm! What was even cooler, was I had seen his twitter post through sax on how he was making his way back on the buses after he had taken the last train to his mom's. So cool.
Yes! You're the second person to tell me this! Please, for the love of god, find me this clip!
i noticed that too
spud2451 wrote:
i noticed that too
Really? But unlike many of these people, I don't think you know what I look like. I just looked at ABCNew's Youtube channel, but I couldn't find the relevant video.
If anyone could find this, I think it would be an interesting sight to see.
I can't find it 'cause I don't have flash installed as of yet, but I can tell you I saw it on fox news in central Ohio on Saturday, between 3 and 4:30 pm.
seana11 wrote:
I can't find it 'cause I don't have flash installed as of yet, but I can tell you I saw it on fox news in central Ohio on Saturday, between 3 and 4:30 pm.
OK, I'll see what I can find. Still searching through Youtube videos and news sites.
It's likely the clip didn't belong to Fox, but rather a third party source that Media Companies were licensed to use. Though, finding the news story would be easier than finding the source x)

Myself, I've been searching as well. "NYC MTA Shut Down Irene" is what I'm searching more or less.
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's likely the clip didn't belong to Fox, but rather a third party source that Media Companies were licensed to use. Though, finding the news story would be easier than finding the source x)

Myself, I've been searching as well. "NYC MTA Shut Down Irene" is what I'm searching more or less.
I think that the 1 train at 96th street from the "ABC News" footage at 00:58 in this clip is part of the correct clip.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I think that the 1 train at 96th street from the "ABC News" footage at 00:58 in this clip is part of the correct clip.

Definitely not it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours