I'm not, I was just saying, though it would be cool
Oh NO!!!! My Ipod is b0rked. When I turn it on it goes to this picture of an ipod with a sad face on it and won't allow it to boot up. The computer won't even recognize it anymore Mad . I tried following the steps that Apple has on its website, but it did nothing. Hopefully me emails to apple support can fix this so I can avoid paying there rediculous charges for fixing it Evil or Very Mad This just happened today.....I am soo pissed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .... Mad
Sad Sad Sad
LOL! Thats a "quality" kick right in the balls!

(oh, and wieght doesn't equal quality)
Never had a problem with it before....seems to be a coincidence. Even still I think that Ipods are probably the best of the mp3 players out there!
Reminds me of the old mac sad face that Classics such as the SE were plagued with... Smile
Chipmaster, are you still under the original warrenty or have applecare, if so, then you should be good. You can get AppleCare for $60 if you are still in the original warrenty, I got it when mine had problems, and now I make it worth it, like getting new earbuds when someone borke mine. Between 6 months and the one year period, if only original warrenty, is a $30 replacmen fee, AppleCare replacement is free.
Quote:
(oh, and wieght doesn't equal quality)

What are you talking about?! My AST Adventure was 20 lbs of screaming 66 MHz performance! 24 MB RAM, 4x CD-ROM drive, Double Density floppy drive, and a whopping 1/2 GB!!! </sarcasm> Laughing

As for my stand on iPods, I have used them, and here's what I think about them:

1. People buy it SOLEY because it's an iPod...to look cool...personally I think those who use them are iTards Razz
2. Expensive
3. 60 GB hard drive...maybe 1 out of 10,000 customers would EVER be able to fill that up...(and you can be sure that amount couldn't possibly be legal, unless someone had lots and lots of $$$) No need to carry your entire collection with you to the bus stop now is there? Very Happy
4. Scroll wheel :shudders:
5. Battery problems
6. iTunes are proprietary...the whole iTunes concept is flawed (I'll just leave it at that)
7. Made by Apple, creators of the Mac...ph43r

Now for some pros...
1. Newer iPods have video on them
2. Good sound quality

Overall, there are SO many better MP3 players out there, and only the uneducated would buy them.

As for the headphones, we should really be using bone conducting chest sets...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Overall, there are SO many better MP3 players out there, and only the uneducated would buy them.

w00t, someone else has finally seen the light!
owning an iPod, and knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have bought it and looked at another, but I do won one, and am not about to sell it
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy WOOT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My ipod has mysteriously fixed itself. As of this minute when I went to attempt (without much hope I might add) to turn on my ipod, it managed to boot up without the sad ipod face and seemingly no ill-effect. I hope it never scares me like that again!! Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea

Edit: GO APPLE! Just Joking
Very Happy*cough* bipolar *cough* Just Joking I have the same emoness about technology. Smile
Hey! I could have lost alot of money on that ipod if it didn't fix itself. I don't exactly know what caused it to be able to work properly. I didn't do anything to it. Maybe Apple is developing a new super technology, one that can fix itself (it has the technology. It can make it better, faster.... Laughing ).
I was going to suggest reinstalling firmware, but too late. (which is a good thing in this case Smile )
I don't know how I would have done that, I couldn't even reformat it and my computer wouldn't recognize it. I'm just glad I can breathe a sigh of relief because I would hate to tell my parents that last years expensive christams present was broken. Surprised (closest emoticon to breathing a sigh of relief Smile )
Yeah, that could have gotten messy...
Oy, that IS bad if computer didn't even recognize it.
Strange how it randomly fixed itself...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Yes. Calcs... Very Happy
See! There's a perfect example right there. Cool

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours