My last project, which I started last afternoon is now finished. Yes, I did it less than one day Smile

Quote:
Mission Copter is a simple, but addicting helicopter game for the TI 83/84+ (SE) calculators.
It features highscores, it gets harder as it goes and is very simple to play.

Here's a screenshot:

I highly recommend you to try it on a real calculator, in this case it's much better than in an emulator.

If you have any ideas just tell me, the source code is included, feel free to play with it, but don't use it as yours. I'd like to thanks ZippyDee for making the helicopter sprite and Fast Crash for helping me with the concept of horizontal moving.

Note: The download can be found in Cemetech Archives as soon as it's accepted.
Oooh, shiny! very cool!
Looks good. It would be cool if you could draw the score in one of the corners so you can see it while you play.
It is there, but Wabbit doesnt record it for some reason
It is, indeed, there, it's because of the screen delay.

Thanks a lot for trying it aeTIos!
This is great! I'm a bit curious why you are running it via Asm() instead of just letting Doors CS run it via HomeRun, though.
Maybe he doesn't have DCS installed on his emulator. I know that most of the time I'm testing stuff that isn't DCS-specific I don't bother installing it, especially if I just want to quickly take a screen shot.
merthsoft wrote:
Maybe he doesn't have DCS installed on his emulator. I know that most of the time I'm testing stuff that isn't DCS-specific I don't bother installing it, especially if I just want to quickly take a screen shot.

That's why I have a save-state file for wabbit that has DCS, MOS, ION, Axe, Calcsys, and the works Wink I personally couldn't live without a save-state file -- I use wabbit so much it scares me Shock
merthsoft wrote:
But the stuff he's writing is using the DCS versions of the Ion libraries, so if DCS is not present, the program crashes. That's one of the main points of the header, to make sure that doesn't happen.
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
But the stuff he's writing is using the DCS versions of the Ion libraries, so if DCS is not present, the program crashes. That's one of the main points of the header, to make sure that doesn't happen.

This program was coded in Axe.
Ohhh, my mistake. Smile But Doors CS still runs Axe programs via HomeRun with no Asm() needed.
Ashbad wrote:
merthsoft wrote:

That's why I have a save-state file for wabbit that has DCS, MOS, ION, Axe, Calcsys, and the works ;) I personally couldn't live without a save-state file -- I use wabbit so much it scares me O.o

Could you upload that somewhere? I hate it that I cant use DCS on wabbit (all apps give validation err)
KermMartian wrote:
Ohhh, my mistake. Smile But Doors CS still runs Axe programs via HomeRun with no Asm() needed.

Kerm, did you actually think I could this game in Asm? Shock

Eitherway, I don't have a wabbit save-state, I just do everything all the time, no problems though.
Then you should use DCS to HomeRun it. David, I guess I didn't think about your current ASM skills. Smile Also, I'm afraid I had to remove the screenshot, as it was ginormously many megabytes. Please refer to the Cemetech Archives Screenshot Guidelines for some tips on how to resolve that.

Mission Copter

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours