Is it possible to make the calculator run a specific part of an app (like a single subroutine) when it starts up? In Axe? In assembly? How?
Please try to title your topics more descriptively; this is not Omnimaga, land of the cryptic and nondescriptive topic title. Smile There certainly is if you are the author of the app, but not if you're not without modifying the app or having the author add some mechanism to do so. Why do you ask?
Well you could use OFFSCRIPT or similar and have it find your app and run the code at the specified offset.
Some info on offscript can be found at wikiti http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Offscrpt
It seems to me that that method still uses the canonical ExecApp call that starts from $4100; at least, that's how Doors CS does it. You could manually swap in the app page, populate the BasePageTable, and call the relevant address, but I don't think the OS would be very excited.
To answer your first question, Kerm, yes. The app I'd be looking to run a part of would be of my own design. Made with Axe Parser's app-compiling mechanism. I'd be willing to use inline asm for all things neccessary to what I've asked.
ACagliano wrote:
To answer your first question, Kerm, yes. The app I'd be looking to run a part of would be of my own design. Made with Axe Parser's app-compiling mechanism. I'd be willing to use inline asm for all things neccessary to what I've asked.
Then just have a routine as the first piece in the App that checks some custom AppVar, or some custom variable, or even some location in RAM, for specific values that indicate it should start at different points in the program's flow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours