KermMartian wrote:
You definitely agree that it is the old Tardis though, right? And Elfprince, lyching? Is that what that episode is about?

Definitely old Tardis.

And I have no idea about the lynching!
While we're on the subject of the old Tardis and the 10th Doctor (man, I miss David Tenant so much), I noticed an inconsistency. In the second episode of the new series, Season 1, it's stated that the 9th Doctor returned Rose home a year late, correct? And that was the 2005 season? That would imply that Season 1, Episode 1 was in 2004, and Episode 2 skipped from 2004 to 2005, correct? Since the series has otherwise followed real-time? Thus, the scene at the end of End of Time part 2, the Doctor should have been meeting Rose at the beginning of 2004, not 2005, because at New Years 2005 she was lost in time with the Doctor. Did I miss something?
KermMartian wrote:
While we're on the subject of the old Tardis and the 10th Doctor (man, I miss David Tenant so much), I noticed an inconsistency. In the second episode of the new series, Season 1, it's stated that the 9th Doctor returned Rose home a year late, correct? And that was the 2005 season? That would imply that Season 1, Episode 1 was in 2004, and Episode 2 skipped from 2004 to 2005, correct? Since the series has otherwise followed real-time? Thus, the scene at the end of End of Time part 2, the Doctor should have been meeting Rose at the beginning of 2004, not 2005, because at New Years 2005 she was lost in time with the Doctor. Did I miss something?

Not really, I think I've helped establish that the good people writing DW aren't capable of holding to their own laws for time travel within the show :p
Indeed, you have mentioned that once or twice. Wink That was such an iconic final montage, though, that I would have thought they would have fact-checked it more closely. Sad
http://www.oregonlive.com/comics-kingdom/?feature_id=Sally_Forth&feature_date=2011-04-10
tifreak8x wrote:
http://www.oregonlive.com/comics-kingdom/?feature_id=Sally_Forth&feature_date=2011-04-10
Haha, very nice, thanks for sharing. Very Happy In Doctor Who-related news, I saw an advertisement for the April 23rd season premier on the side of an NYC bus, but my phone decided not to hold onto the picture I snapped. :/
aww, sucks about your phone :< Use a bigger hammer next time.

And you are welcome! I figured it was on topic and something that would bring a chuckle at the very least when I read it yesterday :p
Well, I had a very frustrating evening here in NYC. I found out today that BBC America was holding a premier of the first two episodes, including appearances from Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, and Alex Kingston (the Doctor, Amy, Rory, and River Song) at a theater five blocks from me this evening. I stood on line from 5pm onwards, only at 7pm to be told I had to have been there at 2pm to get this little flyer thing. :/ Sucked majorly overall. Sad Anyway, check this out; I looked through the points in question, and they're all there and all creepy.

Quote:
The Elventh Hour - While hanging from the TARDIS, the Doctor looks up into it and for a couple of seconds has a confused look on his face. Also, just how did Tennant’s Sonic get in that room? Also, when Rory and Amy exit the elevator on the second floor of the hospital, Rory glances behind him at something, but when he looks back towards Amy, he shakes his head like he forgot something. It is about 42:49. In the scene at the end of the episode where Amy goes into the TARDIS for the first time. there’s one point where she leans back on the console and is looking around the room. The camera is pointed towards her face, so we can’t see what she’s looking at. She looks around with a sort of awe-struck smile, but then her eyes linger over something and her expression turns into a look of horror. She starts breathing really quickly and turns as if to get the Doctor’s attention, but as soon as she’s facing him she just asks, perfectly normally, “Why me?”, as if she’d completely forgotten about what she’d just seen. Also, she flicks a TARDIS button/switch/lever at this point. Accidental Amy or something meaningful?

The Beast Below - At around 9:25 a black figure walks past Amy, she looks confused/scared for a couple of seconds then shrugs it off.

Victory of the Daleks - Near the end after the Daleks escape, the Doctor moves slowly backwards, as he gets near to the green framed window/doorway he looks to his left with a shock. The camera then switches to Amy and Churchill who both stare to the Doctor’s left with a look of shock before Amy continues on as normal with the line “Doctor, it’s OK you did it, you stopped the bomb.”

The Lodger - At 21:47 for a couple of shots Amy looks in the distance or at the screen and gasps, then shouts for the Doctor’s attention but he doesn’t listen. She looks away and shakes it off.

Vampires of Venice - At the end when Rory, Amy, and the Doctor are standing by the TARDIS, the TARDIS door is open and then shuts on it’s own.

The Big Bang - There are cloaked figures behind the Sarcophagi in the museum; a third figure moves out of shot at the edge of the screen at about 13:31
*bump* I'm still annoyed at Doctor Who for the fiasco at the Angelica with the US premier a week ago into which I was unable to get due to their bad communication. Sad But I'm excited about FIVE DAYS to go until the premier on April 23rd! Who else is excited? Smile
I am quite eager for this to start playing so I can have something new to watch. SGU should be ending doon, so hooray for something to temporarily take its place \o/
I'm on board with tifreak8x. Torchwood should have a new miniseries this year as well.
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm on board with tifreak8x. Torchwood should have a new miniseries this year as well.
Only a miniseries? I thought they were going to do a full season this year. Sad And TIFreak8x, very nice! I'm slightly sad they're only doing seven episodes, then summer, then the rest, but it's probably better in the long run to have it spread out and to have something to look forward to.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Only a miniseries? I thought they were going to do a full season this year. Sad And TIFreak8x, very nice! I'm slightly sad they're only doing seven episodes, then summer, then the rest, but it's probably better in the long run to have it spread out and to have something to look forward to.

Torchwood is permanently switching to miniseries format after the success of Children of Earth.
Double post, but....Sarah Jane is dead. Sad I need to actually get around to watching some episodes of SJA, but I wonder what will happen to the show now?
elfprince13 wrote:
Double post, but....Sarah Jane is dead. Sad I need to actually get around to watching some episodes of SJA, but I wonder what will happen to the show now?
Oh noooes, that's sad! I never saw her in the classic series, but I enjoyed her in the 2005 series. Sad
She's been involved with the Doctor Who franchise since my parents were in elementary school.
elfprince13 wrote:
She's been involved with the Doctor Who franchise since my parents were in elementary school.
I know it, pretty crazy stuff! I echo your sentiment about having to watch the Sarah Jane Adventures at some point. Smile But fewer than four days until the Doctor Who premier!
I just set my DVR to record this on BBCA. Sadly, I don't get the HD version of the channel Sad

I just checked iTunes, it lists Season 6 as "Season 6, Part 1." So, will this be a two parter season; I wish not to pay 20$ twice (for HD) for a full season.
If I wanted to get into Doctor Who, where could I start? I'd hate to have to go back 5 decades...
ComicIDIOT, they will broadcast the first six or seven episodes, one per Saturday, then they will take a break until September and finish the remainder of the season. DShiznit, it started up again in 2005 with the Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston), so I would start there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours