When do you think TI was at its greatest?
 0%  [ 0 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 42%  [ 3 ]
 28%  [ 2 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 14%  [ 1 ]
 14%  [ 1 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

As the question says, when do you think TI was at its greatest (productivity, ingenuity, actually knowing what's a useful feature and what's not, etc.)?
1958, when they created the first commercial integrated circuits.
The Tari wrote:
Heartily agreed on that count! I think that despite his inadequate phrasing, though, Deep Thought was referring specifically to their education division.
KermMartian wrote:
The Tari wrote:
Heartily agreed on that count! I think that despite his inadequate phrasing, though, Deep Thought was referring specifically to their education division.

Yeah, I meant in the world of calculators.

I didn't know that, though. That's awesome Surprised
Eh, what?
I'd say around 2000, because I think that's around when the TI-83+ was released, which I still think is the best of the TI calculators. What do the rest of you think? And I think Nikky chose a year that cannot be represented in Epoch time.
KermMartian wrote:
I'd say around 2000, because I think that's around when the TI-83+ was released, which I still think is the best of the TI calculators. What do the rest of you think? And I think Nikky chose a year that cannot be represented in Epoch time.

Early 84+SEs are definitely the best (until they started cheaping on RAM).
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Early 84+SEs are definitely the best (until the started cheaping on RAM).

Agreed on that note Smile
I would have to say the year they made the TI-85's was the greatest, imo
IMO, the best year was the one where the TI-83+ was released Smile
Me too. I think I'll end up going with 1999.
KermMartian wrote:

The 83+ was released in 1999, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Also, you can represent 1969 in or any other date before the Unix Epoch using negative numbers.
KermMartian wrote:

I would say the year they launched the 83+SE, the first one you could really load up with apps and had the silverlink cable.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I would say the year they launched the 83+SE, the first one you could really load up with apps and had the silverlink cable.

There weren't apps/silverlinks before the SE was released?
There were apps, but no Silverlinks iirc.
and you can't fit more than 6 apps on a standard TI-83+
I'm pretty sure the TI-83+ has 10 app spaces, not 6.
Yeah, but it has limited flash memory on which store them, so you run out of space at around 6 or 7.
DShiznit, only if you have a lot of other files grouped or archived. If you have none, you can fit ten one-page Apps (16KB each). If any are more than one page, you of course run out early. Also, I said "around 2000", to allow time for the TI-83+ to start to become popular. I am very familiar with the (C) 1999 line embossed on the back of my dozens of TI-83+s.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours