Yeah, I don't think I will decrease my activity here, much (I'm not really all that active), however, I leave in two days for summer vacation, so I won't have internet access until August 29th. That may or may not change depending on when I move out and if I can come back to college :/
Xeda112358 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I will decrease my activity here, much (I'm not really all that active),
Good to hear, and you should fix that, respectively. Wink
Quote:
however, I leave in two days for summer vacation, so I won't have internet access until August 29th. That may or may not change depending on when I move out and if I can come back to college :/
Yeesh, I would never be able to survive with no internet for over three and a half months; that's pretty brutal. Sad
:S It won't send this to my calc via Tilp 2! Any suggestions why?
EDIT: I managed to get it to my calc via TI-Connect. I would recommend to make this app compatible with DCS. Smile
Sorunome wrote:
:S It won't send this to my calc via Tilp 2! Any suggestions why?
EDIT: I managed to get it to my calc via TI-Connect. I would recommend to make this app compatible with DCS. Smile
I think that she is indeed eventually planning to make it Doors CS-compatible. However, other than ReCode, I think you can use many of the DCS-provided hybrid BASIC libraries to approximate the functionality of many of the BatLib functions, although of course not all.
Okay I have internet access for a short while, so time for a bit of an update... Since summer vacation started, I have been using the DCS SDK to get more comfortable with regular assembly coding (meaning using mnemonics as opposed to hexadecimal). because of this, I have been converting BatLib to mnemonics and I am currently working out the kinks and mistakes. Now that I have figured out how to get Brass to compile it, things are going a little faster and some real updates should be available by the end of summer vacation. I will say that some features will be missing (like the rectangle commands for shifting a portion of the screen up or down), however, I have plans to add more neat features including my latest creation: Grammer

*In case I don't get time to post about Grammer, I quick summary is that it is like a safer, more feature packed version of ReCode.
NecroUpdate? I have finally found time to actually work on BatLib again and all last week has really paid off. Here is a cross post of updates (you will understand why I don't want to type this twice):

I finally got the motivation to rewrite BatLib, so I was working on it all this past week. I have good news and bad news. The good news will hopefully be awesome enough to outweigh the bad

Bad news: I cannot figure out how to make weird names with Brass, so this update uses BatLib with regular letters. Also, I have change the syntax of some ReCode commands and I have yet to document the changes (also, I think I still need to code in 8 more commands).

Awesome news:
I have added in all the other 104 commands as well as 19 more commands. I have updated almost everything, so a bunch of the commands are now more powerful (and still backwards compatible). All the bugs or issues that I could find are now fixed and I have yet to find bugs, now. Here are some changes:

• dim(1) was used to disable Done and turn the run indicator off. Now you can use a digit after the 1 to fine tune that. For example, dim(1.1) does something different from dim(1) or dim(1.2), but all deal with the run indicator and Done message.
  • dim(29) now draws rectangles with clipping.
  • Which reminds me that negative numbers are now read properly. Before, BatLib just used the absolute value of inputs
  • dim(41) now allows the input of all variable types and works just fine with lists and named lists. It also has an otional argument that will let you get the size of a variable as it apears in the memory menu. Before, it just returned the size of the data portion of a var.
  • dim(52) and dim(53) now let you draw sprites to pixel coordinates using an otional argument. I finally fixed this all up yesterday and this works with larger srites, too.
  • dim(54) now returns the number of lines in the var if you try to read line 0
  • dim(59) Now can convert from any base 1 to 36 into any other base 2 to 36. Numbers can even be a few hundred digits long!
  • dim(64) (which is Copyprog) now works. The issue was super simple, too, so I wish I had figured it out earlier.
  • dim(46) (portedit) now works!
  • dim(85) (Getprogname) now works completely and flawlessly

Now for the new commands!

• dim(105) (pxlLine) draws a line with pixel coordinates. There are also draw modes where you supply a list as a draw pattern
  • dim(106) draws a circle very quickly using pixel coordinates. There is also a mode for using draw patterns
  • dim(107) draws a pxlline to a variable (like a pic var)
  • dim(108) draws a pxlcircle to a var
  • dim(109) can be used to open up a popup menu. Selecting an otion returns a number.
  • dim(110) can be used to convert a number to a string. This does not work with imaginary numbers.
  • dim(111) converts a list to a string. This works with imaginary numbers
  • dim(112) compresses a string of text. There are two built in codecs.
  • dim(113) decompresses a string of compressed text.
  • dim(114) will return an optimal codec string for a string of data.
  • dim(115) will compress data with a custom codec.
  • dim(116) will decompress data with a custom codec.
  • dim(117) will perform a search and replace, scanning a variable.
  • dim(118) will work like my GetName program. It returns, in alphabetical order, the name of a variable of a given type. For examle, this can be used to get the name of the third program in the program list.
  • dim(119) provides lowercase options.
  • dim(120) provides text options
  • dim(121) and dim(122) are options to draw a sprite to a variable (like a pic var)
  • dim(123) will delete a line from a data base

Also, in this release is a beta/test version of BatLib that will be able to use a revolutionary new "GroupHook" that I came up with. Since no other apps have it, I had to perform some modifications to existing apps for demonstration. Basically, I managed to make it so that when I installed BatLibG, I could use the parser hooks in Celtic 3, Omnicalc, and Grammer, too without installing them. Celtic 3 and Omnicalc did conflict with the real( commands, though. I managed to modify DoorsCS7, too, and I could use Celtic 3 and DSC commands, too, but I will not release the modified DCS7 because I haven't talked to Kerm about it.

Finally, I could not send the as to my actual calc (I need to get new batteries), so I could not check if there were any issues on calc that didn't occur in WabbitEmu.[/list]

Download

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours