That's not their attitude with Ndless Razz

I think they acknowledge our existence, but they see us an annoyance/minor threat to their testing standards, so they don't release updates for us.
well, they seem to have ignored ndless 1.7 as far as I can see
KermMartian wrote:
If you get a chance, would you mind testing DCS 7.1.1 compatibility? I'm particularly curious if you can trigger a Garbage Collect when Doors CS is trying to archive a big game after you playing it to see if they fixed the MenuCurrent offset bug or not.

After discovering that there is no downgrade protection, I decided to test 2.55MP out for you. About how large of a program did you need to trigger this?
just get Castlevania Prelude to Chaos, that is actually a pretty big program http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/401/40166.html
qazz42 wrote:
just get Castlevania Prelude to Chaos, that is actually a pretty big program http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/401/40166.html

ok ty
technomonkey76 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
If you get a chance, would you mind testing DCS 7.1.1 compatibility? I'm particularly curious if you can trigger a Garbage Collect when Doors CS is trying to archive a big game after you playing it to see if they fixed the MenuCurrent offset bug or not.

After discovering that there is no downgrade protection, I decided to test 2.55MP out for you. About how large of a program did you need to trigger this?
I believe that Firetrack 2 by Ben Ryves will do the trick. You should make sure that you're dealing with fullish ROM, though; try stuffing a few big Apps onto your calculator, if you don't mind. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
technomonkey76 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I believe that Firetrack 2 by Ben Ryves will do the trick. You should make sure that you're dealing with fullish ROM, though; try stuffing a few big Apps onto your calculator, if you don't mind. Smile

OK, I think I can use truSound to make a nice, big app =D
Excellent. Smile If things work correctly, you'll see a Doors CS-styled garbage collect message after you play and set a high score a few times. If things fail, you'll either see the normal TI-OS Garbage Collect, or you'll experience a crash, although I really hope the latter does not happen.
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent. Smile If things work correctly, you'll see a Doors CS-styled garbage collect message after you play and set a high score a few times. If things fail, you'll either see the normal TI-OS Garbage Collect, or you'll experience a crash, although I really hope the latter does not happen.

Test Details:

• TI-OS Version: 2.55MP
  • Testing Program: Fire Track 2/MOS version
  • DCS Version: 7.1
  • Remaining Archive: 32438 bytes (not even 2 app pages lol!)
  • Test Platform: TI-84+ Silver Edition

Results:

• 3 HS entries added then game exited
  • DCS Garbage Collection screen acquired
  • Did not crash
  • Safely returned to DCS homescreen
  • No RAM clear
That's excellent to hear, TechnoMonkey76, thanks for your hard work! That also confirms that TI ignored me and did not fix the off-by-one error on MenuCurrent constants that they introduced in 2.53MP. Sad
why would you expect them to? as we said they seem to act like we don't exist any more Razz

also, from when you sent the letter to them to tell them about the problem (as I remember you doing so) didnt the response sound like they didnt even understand what you said?
qazz42 wrote:
why would you expect them to? as we said they seem to act like we don't exist any more Razz
Sadly, that's more or less exactly correct. Sad

Quote:
also, from when you sent the letter to them to tell them about the problem (as I remember you doing so) didnt the response sound like they didnt even understand what you said?
Absolutely. I was hoping they would forward it to the developer team, but I doubt that actually happened.
I don't know why, but it seems that this link downloads a 2.53MP OS instead of a 2.55MP OS. I have downloaded this on both WabbitEmu and real hardware, and they both say 2.53MP in the About screen. Sad
It gives me a 2.55MP...

Maybe it went down temporarily?
When someone announced this in #omni I immediately thought about when I looked at SAX and Kerm was ranting about OS 2.53 MP during a DCS 7.1 debug session, then I looked on TI website, saw OS 2.55MP download and told myself: "damnit TI".

From what I heard, DCS seemed to work as well as Axe, but I do not know if everything works. I cannot test because I do not own a TI-84+.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
When someone announced this in #omni I immediately thought about when I looked at SAX and Kerm was ranting about OS 2.53 MP during a DCS 7.1 debug session, then I looked on TI website, saw OS 2.55MP download and told myself: "damnit TI".

From what I heard, DCS seemed to work as well as Axe, but I do not know if everything works. I cannot test because I do not own a TI-84+.
The HCWP session this evening more or less confirmed that it's just as buggy as 2.53MP, and just adds more PTT lockdown functionality plus a "Stats Wizard" that has all the functionality of a poorly-coded BASIC program. Damjmit TI most definitely.
Are the HCWP sessions archived somewhere?

[sarcasm]I do like how they added some text and totally awesome inverted text for the stat wizard [/sarcasm]

I'll probably switch back to 2.53 because I have the stats arguments memorized already.
Last night BrandonW found some sort of 256-byte data section that we tried to figure out what it was. It has something to do with the n/D command (the bold-text /). He wrote a patch to zero it out, and I did some messing around and caused some bad stuff to happen due to that. I don't know how much more he found out though. My initial thought is that it's some sort of optimization (maybe a LUT of some-sort).
Haha, so we, and by that I mean TI, pretty much made no progress at all.... wonderful...
If no one has tried making the simple BASIC program that would duplicate Stats Wizard for the earlier OSes, I totally call dibs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours