KermMartian wrote:
*bump*

CALCnet2.2 slash Doors CS featured on Hack a Day!
http://hackaday.com/2010/12/16/peer-network-using-graphing-calculators

Nice Kerm:D
Thanks ScoutDavid. Smile This is the culmination of many years of thought and imagining that I think started in elementary school for me.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks ScoutDavid. Smile This is the culmination of many years of thought and imagining that I think started in elementary school for me.

Then, congratulations for making a childhood dream come true !!
Haha, thanks! If I can take chronomex's suggestion and eventually get it working wirelessly as well, I'll really have conquered that particular set of dreams. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, thanks! If I can take chronomex's suggestion and eventually get it working wirelessly as well, I'll really have conquered that particular set of dreams. Smile

That requires a beautiful revival of a long ago thread. Smile
I shall do that momentarily unless you wish to start a new one. Wink

A video of the super evil bug is on the way!
Wait, but the super-evil bug has already been vanquished. Razz
hehe, no problems here other than the ESCAS thing.... it just happens when it feels like it. I will boot up Castlevania PoC, get a mem error, find out I have 16 bytes of RAM left, have to do a RAM clear and pray it does not happen again
qazz42 wrote:
hehe, no problems here other than the ESCAS thing.... it just happens when it feels like it. I will boot up Castlevania PoC, get a mem error, find out I have 16 bytes of RAM left, have to do a RAM clear and pray it does not happen again
I'll have to try to replicate that again. Sad How often does it happen?
Eh, once every 10 tries I would say. It is rather annoying :/
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, once every 10 tries I would say. It is rather annoying :/
Has it always happened? prgmCASTLEVA (what ticalc.org file)? Is this with Doors CS 7.1? Homescreen or desktop? Archived or RAM?
Well, it usually happens with prgmCSTLE and it can happen on either homescreen or desktop. It is archived considering it is one huge program
qazz42 wrote:
Well, it usually happens with prgmCSTLE and it can happen on either homescreen or desktop. It is archived considering it is one huge program
OK, I'll have to give it a try. It's this program, correct?

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/401/40166.html
Correct, but be careful as it is quite a big program
As in, enormous.
unconstructive, but yes, enormous
qazz42 wrote:
unconstructive, but yes, enormous
An unconstructive post indeed, thanks for pointing that out. I frequent some fora where people hold IRC-style conversations in topics; luckily, I hope, Cemetech doesn't generally hold those kind of discussions. Smile Qazz, do you think simply opening and closing the game does the trick to make it fail 10% of the time, or do you find it necessary to play the game and make it writeback?
Anyways, I feel that just opening and closing may not work, I just play it every time I open it so to be sure, just play a little, save, close, open
qazz42 wrote:
Anyways, I feel that just opening and closing may not work, I just play it every time I open it so to be sure, just play a little, save, close, open
I can't even get it to run; how much RAM exactly does it require? Shock I also notice that a 504 (Not Enough Memory) error leaves the CHAIN7 appvar in RAM.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
I can't even get it to run; how much RAM exactly does it require? Shock I also notice that a 504 (Not Enough Memory) error leaves the CHAIN7 appvar in RAM.
It requires a ton of memory. I think you have to delete/hide/group most of your archived entries in the VAT.
ztrumpet wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
It requires a ton of memory. I think you have to delete/hide/group most of your archived entries in the VAT.
Yup, that did the trick. The last iteration, I managed to get a TI-OS memory error and 23 bytes free, but deleting prgmescas and appvarCHAIN7 and launching Doors CS (no RAM clear) made everything work.

Edit: This seems to be symptomatic of running from the homescreen rather than from the DCS desktop...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours