David's Tale
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

heres whats going to be in it:

health, experience, shops, coins, maps, etc
adamac15 wrote:
heres whats going to be in it:

health, experience, shops, coins, maps, etc
OK, but that's a bit too specific. Smile You were thinking of a top-down 2D scroller, right? There's a bunch of ways to do that; the easiest is the homescreen RPG, which is a very solved problem. For example, TIFreak8x has written an RPG SDK, and even Sonlen has been working on understanding the mechanics of such game engines.
um... I guess. I dont know the exact type of game this is going to be.
adamac15 wrote:
um... I guess. I dont know the exact type of game this is going to be.
I think that deciding that would be an excellent place to start, and will help you decide what else you'll need to learn to prepare for writing this game.
RPG
adamac15 wrote:
RPG
Right, but RPG is just a gameplay genre. There are 2D RPGs, 3D RPGs, text-based RPGs, even some FPS RPGs. Smile You'll have to be much more verbose about what you have in mind.
I didnt know all that existed.

a 3D RPG.

Lock voting. votings over.
Ive added it all up from the 3 websites i posted this poll on: Cemetech, Omnimaga, and Choose.
Ranking goes as follows:

1st: David's Epic Journey with 10 votes
2nd: David's Quest with 8 votes
3rd: David's Tale with 5 votes
4th: David's Journey with 4 votes

All in all... The games final name is David's Epic Journey.
Bah, silly Omnimaga members and their love for hyperbole. Sad No offense to your current skillset at all,but I think that a 3D RPG might be outside of your abilities currently, or indeed even mine. Do you actually mean a 2D topdown sidescroller?
Eh....yea.
So is this going to be a homescreen or graphscreen RPG?
whats the difference? just wondering
The Homescreen is the screen you use for calculations, running programs, etc. You will have to use text sprites for this (which IMO, don't look that good)

The Graphscreen is where you graph lines, draw text in small font, and have a lot more graphics commands. You can use a more advanced form of text sprites here by OR'ing letters together, or you could use xLib and make sprites with that.
umm......i guess Graphscreen.
So are you going to use text sprites, or will you be using the xLib libraries?
whats easiest?
xLib would probably be easier.
xLib it is then.
You should check out this. It has all of the xLib commands. For sprite displaying and tilemapping, you should look at these links.
Tilemapping
Sprites
k i dont understand any of this.
What don't you understand?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours