Hello,
My Dell Inspiron 6000 is no longer supported in Windows 7, and the WiFi drivers do not work. Any suggestions?
What is your Wi-Fi hardware? Chances are it's a standard part and you should be able to download the drivers from the manufacturer's website.
I'm not sure, how would I find out?
Device manager should tell you (at the very least it should provide vendor/product IDs).
Use Windows XP or Debian. Problem solved?
Have you tried windows update? Plug the thing in with an ethernet cable and let Windows 7 search for drivers for you, it just might find them.
Vista drivers are usually compatible with Windows 7. You'll need to manually install the device with those drivers, but you shouldn't have any compatibility issues.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Have you tried windows update? Plug the thing in with an ethernet cable and let Windows 7 search for drivers for you, it just might find them.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
I think pretty much any of the solutions suggested in this thread would do the trick.
You could google the dell model number, it should be able to tell you what it is. From there you might have to force win7 to use a driver from a list of drivers 7 has stored on the computer.

I'd definitely try plugging it into a Ethernet cable first.

Also, just because it says it is XP only doesn't mean it won't work. On one of my older machines, I was able to use XP drivers to make 7 be happy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours