Here's what I was looking at. You send the program to your calc, and then the maps in separate appvars, packaged into a group. Then, the main program does some quick assembly magic and rips the appvars out of the group and throws them into Archive, and viola. A successful installation.

Define "extensible installer".
ACagliano wrote:
Here's what I was looking at. You send the program to your calc, and then the maps in separate appvars, packaged into a group. Then, the main program does some quick assembly magic and rips the appvars out of the group and throws them into Archive, and viola. A successful installation.

Define "extensible installer".
Extensible installer: An installer that can be used as a container for various item types like programs, pictures, matrices, and lists, and will unpack them into a specified DCS folder. For more information, go read the topic:

.deb Installer Implementation for TI Calculators
That is awesome. So, it is kind of like WinRAR for the calc?
ACagliano wrote:
That is awesome. So, it is kind of like WinRAR for the calc?
That's the general idea, although he's undecided whether to add actual compression yet. As I said, I'm sure your input on what features would be useful to you would help him decide what he needs to add. Smile
I will look at my stuff and see what features are needed, and offer them to him. Also, Kerm, did you happen to implement the DS7 folder change and folder create routine, in asm, because I know you were thinking about it.
ACagliano wrote:
I will look at my stuff and see what features are needed, and offer them to him. Also, Kerm, did you happen to implement the DS7 folder change and folder create routine, in asm, because I know you were thinking about it.
Folder creation routine, no, but it's still somewhere on my To-Do list. Folder change - which was that again?
as in, a routine to move a program from current folder to a different folder.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours