Dontar wrote:
that is a wallpaper of a furry comic, Housepets..

Sabrina the Psychic (black cat) asked the Spirits to haunt an unhaunted house so her friends could get the scares they wanted...the spirits went a bit overboard on Max (the cat in the picture, also Ex-Boyfriend of Sabrina)

http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/10/27/house-of-a-thousand-nightmares/
Ah, thanks for explaining that; now I know.

On the subject of desktops, I've been trying out f.lux over the past few days; has anyone else tried this?
KermMartian wrote:
On the subject of desktops, I've been trying out f.lux over the past few days; has anyone else tried this?
I just looked into that and it looks pretty cool though I've seen reports of it not working on linux with some graphics drivers but redshift seems to be a good alternative.
KermMartian wrote:

Nope, but I don't let sunlight into my computer room, either. Speaking of which, I need to re-calibrate my monitors...
what is...sunlight?
There's this massive ball of hydrogen fusing into helium out in the universe, that our earth rotates around.

That big yellow thing in minecraft Razz
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I just looked into that and it looks pretty cool though I've seen reports of it not working on linux with some graphics drivers but redshift seems to be a good alternative.
I've been running F.Lux for about two or three weeks now, and I'm noticing the shift less and less, which I guess means I'm becoming acclimated to it. I can't say I've noticed any particular impact on my sleep schedule, though, but that's probably more my own fault.
f.lux is awesome; I've noticed that for the past few days now my eyestrain has diminished significantly during long stretches of time staring into my little black rectangles (now if only I could get f.lux on my TV...)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
f.lux is awesome; I've noticed that for the past few days now my eyestrain has diminished significantly during long stretches of time staring into my little black rectangles (now if only I could get f.lux on my TV...)
I haven't really noticed a particular decrease in eyestrain, but that's probably more because I spent 90% of my day at least in front of LCDs.
The eyestrain really comes when you're using a (Crts, mostly) monitor in the dark. if you have ambient light it's not nearly as bad.
I find that LCDs are far more eyestrain-inducing as they're typically much brighter than CRT monitors.
My computer faces a window: I love natural lighting.
allynfolksjr wrote:
My computer faces a window: I love natural lighting.

glare much?
Not really.
As long as direct sun doesn't come in I'd imagine it would work well enough.

@Ultimate Isn't that what the brightness setting is for? You really don't need it at 100% like CRTs.
My desktop has my sister's posters on the wall behind the monitor. (We share a room.). When I look up, I see Zack Efron and Big Time Rush, and that band from disney channel etc. Needless to say, I don't look up very much! Razz
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I find that LCDs are far more eyestrain-inducing as they're typically much brighter than CRT monitors.
So you're telling me that brighter LCDs are bad for my eyes? I would assume that brighter LCDs would mean my eyes wouldn't have to work as hard to make out what's on the screen, and thus my eyes would be happier.
But if they're brighter than the ambient light, your eyes have to constantly readjust, like staring into a flashlight. Your pupils dilate for dark surroundings, then contract. This causes eye strain.

That's my theory anyways Razz
OS X does this anyway without having to install extra software Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Really? It can adjust your screen temperature/white balance through the day based on time of day, sunrise, and sunset times without any extra software?
elfprince13 wrote:
Really? I would think many graphic designers and such would complain if OS X was messing with their color settings automatically.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours