souvik1997 wrote:
Update:

I have made quite a bit of progress on the unpacker, though it is still not working yet. This unpacker will be in Axe.

@Kerm: Thanks.
My pleasure, and I'm happy to hear that you're making so much progress.
I made a mistake above btw (I've been looking for that post Razz), the "e" should have been that Euler's constant e.
_player1537 wrote:
I made a mistake above btw (I've been looking for that post Razz), the "e" should have been that Euler's constant e.
Close enough, but thanks for the correction. Smile Souvik, I'm going to be interested in seeing what your and Iambian's projects offer in common and separately. Smile
While coding the unpacker, I realized that I had forgotten a very important step: planning how the archive is structured:

Here is the structure:

Code:
:geometpdf(
:<password>
:<name><variable type><flags*><size>
:Contents of <name>
:<name2><variable type><flags*><size>
:Contents of <name2>

*-Flags are  organized like this:

Arc/UnArc   Locked/UnLcked   Hidden/Not hidden      flag4     flag5  flag6     flag7     flag8

Flags 4 through 8 can be used for any purpose. The flags are stored in hex in the appropriate part of the archive. Ex. 11000000b=$C0

Anything I missed? Also, can someone post code about how to get a pointer to the start of a program whose name is in Str1 (Axe please)? Every time I try the GetCalc() command always returns 0. Sad
How do you plan for the password to be stored? If you were thinking plaintext, then I would have to voice my concerns about the weaknesses of plaintext passwords.
It will be encrypted.
souvik1997 wrote:
It will be encrypted.
Encrypted or hashed? Salted? What method?
I haven't decided on the method yet.
souvik1997 wrote:
I haven't decided on the method yet.
Depending on how much you care about security, you can use a whole spectrum of different things. Personally I'd go with something that's moderately non-reversible but not worry terribly much about it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours