I got Open Source Software as the first result...
I take it you mean this?
calcdude84se wrote:
I got Open Source Software as the first result...
I take it you mean this?
Correct, that was my intent. There's OSS, or Open-Source Software (which may not be free) and FOSS, Free or Open Source Software, which may refer to software that is morally or monetarily free. I was thinking it would be interesting to debate and justify things like why I opensource Document DE but not Doors CS.
(referring to the picture on the previous page)

GND means ground, right? (I'm not that into electronics, but being curious)

It's what the Google search spat out.
GND = Ground.
Mapar007 wrote:
(referring to the picture on the previous page)

GND means ground, right? (I'm not that into electronics, but being curious)

It's what the Google search spat out.
GND does indeed mean ground in the picture. I'm going to repeat it here just in case anyone missed seeing it on the previous page:

Don't forget to post suggestions guys! On my list of suggestions:
ASM
-Interrupts
-Awesome registers (R, etc)
-Talk about the bus
-On how DCS draws the GUIs on screen (save full size images, or rle, or etc)

Basic/Axe
-None yet Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Don't forget to post suggestions guys! On my list of suggestions:
ASM
-Interrupts
-Awesome registers (R, etc)
-Talk about the bus
-On how DCS draws the GUIs on screen (save full size images, or rle, or etc)

Basic/Axe
-None yet Smile
Epic, I'd be happy to cover any and all of those topics in ASM, unless there's someone else who'd rather do it. I also wanted to talk about the pros and cons of open-sourcing your calculator (and other) projects.
Gentlemen, the show has been formatted into sections.

9D93:
This is where the introductions will occur.

VAT:
This is where the projects will be talked about.

RAM:
This is the special section for the topic.

Runtime:
This is the tips and tricks section.

GarbageCollect:
This is the debugging.
Raylin wrote:
Gentlemen, the show has been formatted into sections.

9D93:
This is where the introductions will occur.

VAT:
This is where the projects will be talked about.

RAM:
This is the special section for the topic.

Runtime:
This is the tips and tricks section.

GarbageCollect:
This is the debugging.

lol, funny names. I look forward to the show tonight!
Open Forum now! http://www.tinychat.com/havecalc
Raylin wrote:
Huzzah! Can you tell us what is on the agenda for this evening?
*bump* Moderation from yours truly, Merth, Brandon, Raylin, and Weregoose!

I kinda wish there were some HCWP stuff going on on other days as well because I would like to join. Sadly I work every Wednesday evening. X.x
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I kinda wish there were some HCWP stuff going on on other days as well because I would like to join. Sadly I work every Wednesday evening. X.x
Sorry to hear it, it's a lot of fun. I've been trying to continue to publicize it, so hopefully we'll have another good turnout this Wednesday. We generally have as many as 25 people all together.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

We ought to have 2 a week for those who can't make it on one day.

Also, I have a general suggestion, and everyone can make it more specific depending on what other people would like, basic ASM programming, as in the basics and what would be a good base to start learning off of.
Sonlen wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Also, I have a general suggestion, and everyone can make it more specific depending on what other people would like, basic ASM programming, as in the basics and what would be a good base to start learning off of.
I'm afraid that if it was two times a week people might start attending each one less. I feel like it might be better to focus our efforts on a single weekly session, since that way people can set aside time just for that. Twice a week might make people worry it was taking up too much time, do schoolwork etc during both sessions, only attend one, or in other ways not devote their full attention. I think an ASM basics is a great idea for a segment (or set of segments).
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

I'm afraid that if it was two times a week people might start attending each one less. I feel like it might be better to focus our efforts on a single weekly session, since that way people can set aside time just for that. Twice a week might make people worry it was taking up too much time, do schoolwork etc during both sessions, only attend one, or in other ways not devote their full attention. I think an ASM basics is a great idea for a segment (or set of segments).

I completely missed the time for other things issue, maybe a poll on what day is best?
Sure, I'm open to that, although Wednesday is fine for me for now. I could also do Tuesdays and Thursdays with relatively little detriment to my productivity.
At what time does hcwp start again?
7:00pm CST.

Also, how many people would be willing to get a Google Docs account? I'm thinking about having a real-time text collaboration on the side so, that we don't have to spam that small chat window and we can debug in Google Docs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours