http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/431/43140.html

Benjamin Moody has done it again, this time with an on-calc IDE assembler. It has support for many external LIBS, including DCS ones, and it can make MirageOS prgms.

(Thanks to Souvik for bringing this to my attention)
I've tried this app, and it's SO AWESOME!!!!!!

The only thing you have to do different from ASM programming on the computer is replacing '.db's with 'DB's
Whoa, this looks totally epic! I love that it has Doors CS 7 support; I wonder if we can entice him to wander over here and discuss his work.
*bump* So has anyone actually tried this on-calc yet? How intuitive is it? How easy/hard is it to work with? Suggestions or complaints?
I've tried it in WabbitEmu. It's pretty intuitive and easy to work with- even in an emulator. I love the built-in menus- pressing APPS brings up a list of B_CALLS, pressing PRGM brings up a list of z80 commands- pressing other keys brings up other menus.

When you open a program you can jump to any label. A Start label is created when you create a new file (along with everything else each assembly program needs).

On the Omnimaga thread thepenguin77 posted a screenshot of it in action (link to his post, not the image itself).
Thanks for the link, here's a hijack of the image itself for your perusal:

TC01, did you try making a program with multiple source files by any chance? I'm curious if this supports such things.
I didn't, but it does support such things- there's a screenshot in the manual of the library manager (or whatever it's called). It's used to add the packaged libraries but can apparently also add source files- here's what the manual says about that:

Quote:
When creating a large program, you may find it helpful to break it up into several smaller source files. (If you are creating a very large program, breaking it up may be necessary, since the entire source code won’t fit in RAM all at once.) You may also find it useful to place commonly-used subroutines in separate files, so that they can be used by multiple programs.

Each program source file contains a list of other source files that it uses as libraries. When you compile your program, all of its libraries, and all of its libraries’ libraries, and so forth, will also be compiled into the output file. (If a particular file is listed more than once, only one copy of it will be included in the final program.)

To edit the list of libraries, go to the program section editor, press [GRAPH] (“Menu”), and select “1: Libraries”. Initially the list will be empty. Press [Y=] (“Add”) to add a file to the list; press [WINDOW] (“Del”) to remove the selected file from the list.

This manual, by the way, is also packaged in flash app form.
Nifty, thanks for answering my question. Smile I'm assuming that that screenshot is way sped up for the sake of brevity, but still awesome. I hope that a lot of people will be using this to write DCS and CALCnet2.2 ASM programs at school. Smile
I found the shortcut keys VERY useful. Smile
I will be at least Razz I've been waiting forever for something like this. It seems like it's very easy and intuitive to use too Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
I found the shortcut keys VERY useful. Smile
Nice, what have you tried making with Mimas thus far?
I've made a "hello World" program that outputs the amount of free RAM on the screen.
I've made a simple DispHL program. Razz
(You see, my calculator is missing at the moment and I'm not done with the program...)
souvik1997 wrote:
I've made a "hello World" program that outputs the amount of free RAM on the screen.
Cool! I hope that means you'll be writing some DCS-based ASM programs soon.... Wink

Raylin wrote:
I've made a simple DispHL program. Razz
(You see, my calculator is missing at the moment and I'm not done with the program...)
Also cool, although I'm disappointed to hear that your calculator is missing. Sad
At Ben, how hard would it be to recreate it using no bcalls or TI OS dependant code? It could be ported to KOS so we can work on stuff for it while at school! Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
At Ben, how hard would it be to recreate it using no bcalls or TI OS dependant code? It could be ported to KOS so we can work on stuff for it while at school! Very Happy
I seriously doubt it. Like Doors CS, it probably is heavily dependent on the TI-OS filesystem structure, and thus would require significant changes to work with the KOS FS. The core assembler would be useable, though.
I made a program that outputs a 4KB table of DAA outputs (the AF register), given all different inputs of A and the N,H,C flags. Smile This table should be useful for when I start my Nspire Z80 emulator again.
calc84maniac wrote:
I made a program that outputs a 4KB table of DAA outputs (the AF register), given all different inputs of A and the N,H,C flags. Smile This table should be useful for when I start my Nspire Z80 emulator again.
That's awesome! Your next project should be to emulate the Nspire on a z80 calculator. Smile
Hahahahahaha

Only if there's 64MB of ram on the z80 that I don't know about Wink
calc84maniac wrote:
Hahahahahaha

Only if there's 64MB of ram on the z80 that I don't know about Wink
I was considering that you could probably use a flash drive for the remaining memory, and it's not like it would be a bottleneck considering how slow emulating the ARM processor would be. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours