So tifreak, I was wondering even though the game is around 5 years old, if you had any documentation on what the lists are storing data for, and what each subprogram does, I have the magic and item "implemented", as in you can press a button, and it displays "item" or "magic" to show right now that the buttons work.

Also to anyone who wants to know what I am talking about:
Final Fantasy Magic's End
Also I plan to add more to it, like graphics of some sort for the map and others if tifreak is ok with that.

Slight update: I have it now working so that you can buy pheonix downs at the shop. Very Happy Now to implement their function.....

Here is what I have so far, if you have played it, then you will know what changes there are. (The changes don't function as of yet though)

Old Image

Now I have made much progress, mostly not usable right now, but I have a nice Title screen with a few extras, here is the download location, Please give feedback if you Download this, I would appreciate it greatly. Very Happy

Beta Title Screen Download
I remember playing this long ago, and the game kept crashing; I never got passed the first room. Glad to see it is getting redone. Do keep me updated.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I remember playing this long ago, and the game kept crashing; I never got passed the first room. Glad to see it is getting redone. Do keep me updated.

I honestly plan to redo the menus and such with DCS Libs, mainly the GUI bit.
Sonlen wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:

I honestly plan to redo the menus and such with DCS Libs, mainly the GUI bit.

And work on the speed as well. It's bearable but could be better.
(runs from scorn of young tifreak)

What other libs are you going to use?
This is great to hear that you're picking up this project again! I'm sure tifreak8x will be very glad to hear; I know I'd be excited if someone was picking up topics that I no longer have the time for.
I plan on figuring out Xlib, then I can make a real Overworld. Very Happy
But I have a lot to go to learn that.
Sonlen wrote:

Oh it's not tough, if you can make a text RPG, you can make an xlib RPG. The same principles apply for xlib. But while I learned, I kept a tutorial site open so I could see the commands. Start small, and eventually you have a Final Fantasy game!
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Sonlen wrote:

Oh it's not tough, if you can make a text RPG, you can make an xlib RPG. The same principles apply for xlib. But while I learned, I kept a tutorial site open so I could see the commands. Start small, and eventually you have a Final Fantasy game!

I was tweaking the demo a bit at school, added a left, right, and up sprite, only thing was it wouldn't stop turning into a blank space just after... >.<
Well then you need to redraw the tilemap, put a label before the tilemap drawing command, then have it go to it after movement.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Well then you need to redraw the tilemap, put a label before the tilemap drawing command, then have it go to it after movement.

Don't do this right now, it will just confuse me, I am still learning DCS GUI libs...

This is how I want the game's GUI to look like and work(minus awesome graphics).
Sonlen wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:

Don't do this right now, it will just confuse me, I am still learning DCS GUI libs...
Haha, it's not too bad. But I'd agree that you should mast the DCSB Libs before diving too deeply into the xLib routines. Smile
Well, keep us up to date on what you do. Just so long as proper credit for the original is kept, I would greatly appreciate that. Otherwise, have fun with it.

As to documentation, I -might- have stuff that is written out, with lists and such. Will just have to dig for it and see if it can be found.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, keep us up to date on what you do. Just so long as proper credit for the original is kept, I would greatly appreciate that. Otherwise, have fun with it.

As to documentation, I -might- have stuff that is written out, with lists and such. Will just have to dig for it and see if it can be found.

tifreak, you have no need to worry about credits, you will get full proper credits as I am building off of your base, I will say something like made by you, and modded by me.
tifreak8x wrote:
Yeah, I was going to mention that, but then I ended up deciding that he would probably do the right thing and give you all the due credit you deserve. Thanks for making it explicit. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Yeah, I was going to mention that, but then I ended up deciding that he would probably do the right thing and give you all the due credit you deserve. Thanks for making it explicit. Smile

Not giving credit where credit is due is about as bad as saying you taught Steve Jobs and Bill Gates how to program their OS's.
Anyway, regarding the GUIs, it looks like for most of those you'll want to throw down GUIRNulls with transparent backgrounds, then GUIRRects and GUIRBorders and GUIRTexts as necessary. I think some GUIRMultiLine (not TextInMultiline) might help you out for the sake of saving space.
KermMartian wrote:
Anyway, regarding the GUIs, it looks like for most of those you'll want to throw down GUIRNulls with transparent backgrounds, then GUIRRects and GUIRBorders and GUIRTexts as necessary. I think some GUIRMultiLine (not TextInMultiline) might help you out for the sake of saving space.

I already figured this wouldn't be a crazy process to pull off, I just need a custom pointer(cursor) that will only move to the available options. And also, what did you mean by GUIRMultiLine (not TextInMultiline)?
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I already figured this wouldn't be a crazy process to pull off, I just need a custom pointer(cursor) that will only move to the available options. And also, what did you mean by GUIRMultiLine (not TextInMultiline)?
With a GUIRWrappedText, which is what I meant to say, you can use one GUI element to print multiple lines using a newline character to break between lines instead of needing multiple GUIRText elements. I was suggesting using that method, and clarifying that I wasn't talking about the multiline text input box.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

With a GUIRWrappedText, which is what I meant to say, you can use one GUI element to print multiple lines using a newline character to break between lines instead of needing multiple GUIRText elements. I was suggesting using that method, and clarifying that I wasn't talking about the multiline text input box.

Then just say Wrapped Text, or Multiline Text Input, and it will be all clear.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 42
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours