One million hits in one month and a Nspire NES emulator?
Yesterday at 02:26:22 by DJ Omnimaga
For the first time in this forum history, Omnimaga received one million requests in a single month. Currently, we sit at 1032798 with still 6 days to go. This of course excludes the OmnomIRC refreshing script, otherwise the requests count would more than triple. In comparison, Ticalc.org currently has 7538234 for September 2010 (their busiest month ever was September 2004, with 20845547 requests, a few months after the TI-84 Plus, SE and TI-89 Titanium were released). With September 2010, we also got over 100000 visitors in a month 6 times in a row.

In the meantime, while we are judging the contest entries, several of our members are either finishing their respective game or starting new projects. In addition to that some of our staff projects are progressing, although some are busy with school, so don't forget to check the forums if you haven't done so in a while! With high daily posting averages and many active topics at once, it can be easy to miss stuff.

The above is an example of project on the forums: the proof-of-concept of a NES emulator for the TI-Nspire, by Goplat, in early stages, which is discussed at http://ourl.ca/7063/121018 .

As for the new download section, it has gone dormant for a while since I was overhelmed with my job, but hopefully work on it should resume after I am done with contest judging.

(cross-post from omnimaga)
Most amazingly awesome; thanks for crossposting this, Qazz! I hope Goplat will stop by to tell us more about this. Smile

(Just for the sake of competition, Cemetech received 3215450 pages views and 4445904 hits for September so far, excluding traffic from all search robots and spiders)
lol, glad to help

now castlevania on the nspire

finally...
qazz42 wrote:
0x5, glad to help

now castlevania on the nspire

finally...
Have you actually tried it out yet? Does it work, is it stable yet?
Weeell, I have been having some trouble unfortunetly...

everytime I load it up on the nspire emu, it jusst causes a crash...

I guess I will get it right eventually
qazz42 wrote:

I guess I will get it right eventually
Since it's such new software, it's very possible that it's something on Goplat's end rather than on your end. You should ask him the next time he's non-AFK on #cemetech.
yeah, probably,

I hope it (ndless and nes emu) will be in a stable final release soon
qazz42 wrote:
yeah, probably,

I hope it (ndless and nes emu) will be in a stable final release soon
Mmm, I hope so too. I still need to get myself an Nspire one of these days.
qazz42 wrote:

Which versions of nspire_emu and Ndless? And "crash" can mean many different things; please be more specific.
1. using the nspire emu on ti-bank
2. using ndless1.7
3. it usually shows a block and then gets unresponsive
2. using ndless1.7
qazz42 wrote:
2. using ndless1.7
Thanks. The problem is the old version of nspire_emu you're using. You need 0.32, which has more accurate emulation of the Nspire's interrupt controller.
Oooh, I'm glad to hear that it's a problem with the emulator rather than with ndless or the NES emulator. Smile
Sad problem here is that that version is not as user friendly, all it does os just give me a list of command no matter what I try Sad
qazz42 wrote:
Sad problem here is that that version is not as user friendly, all it does os just give me a list of command no matter what I try Sad
Problem* is* try.* Please try to keep command of your spelling and grammar regardless of how frustrated you are. Smile
Goplat wrote:
Quote:
An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

You are not signed in

Click here to log in.
It would be nice if Goplat also uploaded his emulator here or another host too, so people without UTI accounts (or access to theirs) can actually download it.

Nice project btw Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Problem* is* try.* Please try to keep command of your spelling and grammar regardless of how frustrated you are. Smile

Well, I am a bit more disappointed then frustrated, plus, I am still trying, I will get it eventually!
If you have a version already set up with batch files and everything, usually you can just replace the exe. Unless you're using such an old version that the command-line syntax has changed.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It would be nice if Goplat also uploaded his emulator here or another host too, so people without UTI accounts (or access to theirs) can actually download it.
Heartily seconded. Goplat, might you upload it here?

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/upload.php
calc84maniac wrote:
If you have a version already set up with batch files and everything, usually you can just replace the exe. Unless you're using such an old version that the command-line syntax has changed.

hmm, I didnt think of that, shall do calc84

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours