Read the DOSBox documentation. You need to mount the directory as a drive:
Code:
mount c: somepath
ah, got it, thanks guys
DrDnar wrote:
Read the DOSBox documentation. You need to mount the directory as a drive:
Code:
mount c: somepath
^This exactly. May I ask what you need DOSBox for, qazz?
me: errr, nootthhinggg in particualr

Random person: cough *doom* cough

me: WHO THE F**K SAID THAT?!

but seriously, doom
qazz42 wrote:
me: errr, nootthhinggg in particualr

Random person: cough *doom* cough

me: WHO THE F**K SAID THAT?!

but seriously, doom
Ah, Doom doesn't run natively anymore? That's very sad to hear. Sad
Legacy video mode support was removed entirely in Vista, but they worked erratically (at best) in all versions of NT, depending on your video card drivers. DOOM 95 is full of bugs and doesn't support the mouse under NT (it requires a VxD).

Chocolate DOOM is a good source port which retains the bugs and limitations of the original DOOM if you're after authenticity.
DOOM is 16bit right? If so, all 64bit editions of Windows won't be able to execute it. Sad
souvik1997 wrote:
DOOM is 16bit right? If so, all 64bit editions of Windows won't be able to execute it. Sad
Yeah, for some reason I was slow on the uptake of realizing Doom95 wasn't 32-bit. Razz I had a ton of fun playing Doom95 with my friends in high school on Win2000.
yeah, it sucks, command.com was taken out of vista and 7, so we must use DOSbox
ok, another problem is that for some games, like doom, I dont know what I should set the sound settings as...

I put soundsblaster and PC speakers, and the background music sounds good, but the sound effects don't

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours