http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/designing-tab-candy/

So far, I'm really liking it. Minefield is working well, and Panorama is one of those "why the hell wasn't this done sooner?" things. I recommend giving it a try.
Well, it certainly looks really cool, but like Win-Tab, I just can't see myself using it in my everyday computing experience. I rarely have more than five or six tabs open to save myself from confusion and distraction, and I can readily keep them straight by the tab titles. That looks like a well-made program, though, so kudos to the author.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it certainly looks really cool, but like Win-Tab, I just can't see myself using it in my everyday computing experience. I rarely have more than five or six tabs open to save myself from confusion and distraction, and I can readily keep them straight by the tab titles. That looks like a well-made program, though, so kudos to the author.

I used to have 2 or 3 windows each with a dozen or so tabs. Panorama is a godsend.

Win-Tab isn't used because it didn't expand on alt-tab. Panorama, on the other hand, is actually something new. I really like it. Firefox 4 is also looking pretty good (Panorama is an Fx4 feature if you missed that)
Win-Tab let you see the contents of each window while alt-tabbing, but in the eye candy wasn't as efficient for me as alt-tab and caching what each window was for in my own memory. I did indeed miss that Panorama is an Fx4 feature; thanks for clarifying that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours