What of the three features listed above would you like to see most?
Scanner
 41%  [ 5 ]
Real Time Shields
 33%  [ 4 ]
RunProgram Hook
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

I agree. Just checking.
ACagliano wrote:
I agree. Just checking.
How's this going? Any progress on working on the scanner? I can't wait to see the installer in action.
I'm trying for a final compile on the alpha version. But due to a bug with TI-Data editor (not so much of a bug as it is an incompatibility between it and Axe), I have to retype all of the text data on-calc.

MAJOR ERROR IN MY PROGRAM THUS FAR. I COMPILED AND RAN IT AND THE FOLLOWING HAPPENED.

...now resolved
Ok. I was able to successfully create a folder in DCS, but I can't seem to move the programs into it, no matter what I do. Is the VAT write-locked or something? Can I write to it directly? I may need your help with this.

I was also thinking of something, Kerm, for the hook.

Let's assume I am on your calc and I want to f*** you over. I run BRICK.8xp and I get the warning and get "RUN or ABORT". I can very easily press RUN and still f*** you over.

The settings menu for the AntiVirus requires a password (saved into the appvar BSets in the following format

:[8-byte password]...other data

)

Wouldn't it be a little more bullet-proof if the hook requested this password if you selected RUN. That would be great.

But, I'll worry about that later. Just wanted to run that by you.
It would make our lives infinitely easier if we actually just made the run password-protected, skipped the program execution hook, and put a "If you haven't scanned this, then press [clear] to run the scanner" message. I'm still very worried about the concept of any RunProg hook at all, actually; I need to think more about how to make it play happily with Doors CS. Are you sure you're setting the T2 byte properly re: putting programs into your folder?
That does sound like an easier idea. As for the T2 byte, I will look at it better tomorrow.
ACagliano wrote:
That does sound like an easier idea. As for the T2 byte, I will look at it better tomorrow.
Very good, I look forward to seeing what you discover. I can't remember anything in the DCS7 appvar that governs FS folder options, so I'm confident we'll be able to fix it without delving into anything else.
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
Very good, I look forward to seeing what you discover. I can't remember anything in the DCS7 appvar that governs FS folder options, so I'm confident we'll be able to fix it without delving into anything else.

DCS7 appvar??
Nope. I am writing to the correct address, but its not doing it properly. I'll post screenies when I can.
KermMartian wrote:
It would make our lives infinitely easier if we actually just made the run password-protected, skipped the program execution hook, and put a "If you haven't scanned this, then press [clear] to run the scanner" message. I'm still very worried about the concept of any RunProg hook at all, actually; I need to think more about how to make it play happily with Doors CS. Are you sure you're setting the T2 byte properly re: putting programs into your folder?

But, wouldn't that require a hook, in and of itself?
ACagliano wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

But, wouldn't that require a hook, in and of itself?
It would indeed. This is starting to very much concern me. :/ But back to the T2 issue: if you're setting what you think is the T2 byte with what you think is the program ID, and the programs aren't moving, then you're setting the wrong byte or the wrong value. Smile Do the programs move anywhere, or stay on the DCS desktop, or disappear?
Ok. I think I have that working now. Will have an installer screenie and installer alpha release tomorrow. Now to start on #scanner.

Sry about the double post. Can you delete the one above this.
ACagliano wrote:
Ok. I think I have that working now. Will have an installer screenie and installer alpha release tomorrow. Now to start on #scanner.

Sry about the double post. Can you delete the one above this.
Done. I look very much forward to the installer screenies and alpha release. You said in the post that I deleted that they were moving into the wrong folder; I'm curious what you discovered the cause of that to be.
I used {L1+1} which is an area in saferam, to give the folder the n value when naming it, then did some other stuff, then came back to move the programs, and used {L1+1} again. My experiments revealed that the value of {L1+1} changes. So I did {L1+1}->W, then used the W value to edit the T2 byte.

Have you made any progress on the definitions file? Even if it's not fully done, you can send me what is done, then send the rest later. That will give me an excuse to use (*cough* test) the auto-update-detect and update feature.
I unfortunately rejected your submission because you uploaded just the raw .8xp file. Smile Please zip it up with a readme.
Oh, fail. I forgot about that. Then, you know what, let me wait on an upload until the beta. It is stupid to waste space on here on what is only an installer script.
ACagliano wrote:
Oh, fail. I forgot about that. Then, you know what, let me wait on an upload until the beta. It is stupid to waste space on here on what is only an installer script.
There's nothing wasteful about it; it'll just get replaced by the beta when you publish it. I think it's worth it so I (and others) can play around with this installer.
ok. Hang on.

Edit: RESUBMITTED
ACagliano wrote:
ok. Hang on.

Edit: RESUBMITTED
Accepted. Smile Also, a sidebar to myself: if a user has never received a PM, the archive system will fail to send the user a confirmation or rejection PM. That's been a problem for a long time; I need to deal with that.
Then, why not send me a pm, to fix that. lol. jk.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours