ok so i found this php irc client on sourceforge and well it doesnt work but its the only one i can find of its kind that is easily customizable and server side like mibbit

only issue is it only conencts to the server and then stops even though its "supposed" to open a chat window

so my question is can any one make it work right i would be so grateful if you could and so could a few of our unlucky irc less members here and on omnimaga

here is the project page http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpirchat/

(i apologize for bad grammer and spelling)
If you apologize for the bad spelling and grammar, why not do something about it? Razz I have a hard time reading such poorly-written posts.

*Ok, *I *PHP *IRC *Sourceforge, *well, *doesn't *work, *it's *I *server-side *mibbit.

*Only *it's *window.

*So *anyone *correctly. *I *would *IRC-less *Omnimaga.

*Here *page:

*I *grammar *spelling.

Now, can you be more specific about what you mean about it "stopping? What part stops?
I started a web applet thingey like this a while ago, but I never finished it. I can upload the source if you want.
That would be neat, Netham. Geekboy, is that the PHP thing you sent me a link to a live version of a week or so ago? It worked fine; you just had to turn off your popup blocker for it to work.
Here 'ya go.

It's in no way complete, but it does connect and support somewhat basic tabs.

It's a poor interface, though, I think. It was right after I started PHP.

Edit: Perhaps I should have put the link in here.

http://netham45.org/airc.zip
no its not that one its something else when i boot my normal computer backup ill link it it connects to the server after it does that it doesn't show the channel window or connect to it
geekboy1011 wrote:
no its not that one its something else when i boot my normal computer backup ill link it it connects to the server after it does that it doesn't show the channel window or connect to it
Ah, that makes more sense.

What do you have against the [shift] key and punctuation? Sad
bad habbits were formed and now are stuck
so yeah its not that i don't want to its just im lazy to go threw a whole post and check for that ;.;
geekboy1011 wrote:
bad habbits were formed and now are stuck
so yeah its not that i don't want to its just im lazy to go threw a whole post and check for that ;.;
So try to fix it! If you take about twice as long to write a post, you can do better. Does it really take that much effort to push 'shift' and 'b' at the same time to type "Bad"?
Not really just lazy >.> <.<

Any way this is the one i have going

https://h4x.1337.cx/irc

As you can see it joins the server but thats is it

(Also ignore the cert not valid thing i host it on my computer and im not paying 500 dollars a year for a signed cert X.x)
Ah yes, I do indeed see that. Are you sure that you have it configured right in terms of the channels? I tried the /join #cemetech method with no luck either.
After the MOTD appeared it did not join any channel. I tried /join #omnimaga and it didn't work for me as well.

Btw is that running off your old laptop? Because I noticed it took quite a while for the MOTD to appear
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
After the MOTD appeared it did not join any channel. I tried /join #omnimaga and it didn't work for me as well.

Btw is that running off your old laptop? Because I noticed it took quite a while for the MOTD to appear
It didn't take terribly long for me for some reason. I suspect it might not be properly configured, though.
I believe it is properly configured as to my Knowledge i have followed its instructions so unless i'm missing something or its a mysql error i'm not sure :/

And i cant get it to join channels either thats the problem :/

and dj it probably took a while cause right b4 i went to bed I changed the sleep(1) code to usleep(20000) which is instead of wait 1 second for update wait 200 miliseconds
This evening you said you suspect a MySQL problem and will check more closely in the morning. I look forward to hearing what you find.
geekboy1011: Please learn to capitalize, use punctuation, and spell out words. That's just pathetic.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish? I have quite a bit of experience with PHP-based IRC clients and bots.
SwivelGames i'm trying :/

And yeah it might be MySql not to sure yet still have to look around :/
I'm going away for a few days so nothing gonna get done on this for a bit. :/

@Swivelgames im trying to get a working irc client in some language thats server side that isn't Mibbit for people who have irc blocked at there homes
swivelgames wrote:
geekboy1011: Please learn to capitalize, use punctuation, and spell out words. That's just pathetic.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish? I have quite a bit of experience with PHP-based IRC clients and bots.
That's what I said too. Laughing He's trying to use, implement, or modify existing PHP IRC client(s) so that certain community members with no access to IRC or to SAX can participate in IRC.,
Yeah what Kerm said ^_^

I'm actually staying here tonight so unless UT distracts me i'm going to try to see if i can figure it out. :/

Just after i install Npp. Razz
geekboy1011 wrote:
Yeah what Kerm said ^_^

I'm actually staying here tonight so unless UT distracts me i'm going to try to see if i can figure it out. :/

Just after i install Npp. Razz
Well, UT got you for a while after all. Laughing I'm shocked that you didn't already have Notepad++ installed. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours