KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Same post wrote:
That means that all that remains to be done before the developer release is the filesystem, and several small OS programs so that it is usable on-calc.
I'm a bit confused how it's possible to tell that the kernel is working without a filesystem.

I think he has the filesystem made already, and he coded drivers for it in his kernel.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
I'll take SirCmpwn's word for it, since he >> me when it comes to OS development.
And I, having a fairly good understanding of what makes the TI-OS tick, although not as much as our sovereign BrandonW and a few other TI-OS hackers, and what goes into making even a shell, will remain skeptical. At very least, I would expect significant bugginess, especially if little- and big-endianness were inadvertently intermingled.

souvik wrote:
I think he has the filesystem made already, and he coded drivers for it in his kernel.
I believe you're mistaken. Perhaps the author can sort this out.
Hi i was led to this site by a friend who is on here all the time. He gave me doors cs7 which is an amazing program and two thumbs way up for whoever made it. Most of my knowledge in programming is in HTML/CSS i do some actionscript from time to time and when forced to i will mess with javascript. I have a decent understanding of BASIC , but what i'm really good at is fixing computers and messing with linux
TN!?! I looovveee Tennessee Very Happy I assume you are friends with Sonlen? KermMartian (admin of the site) made DCS7, you may have also seen the recent calcNET news, which was by him too Smile I hope you'll stay with us for a while and contribute nicely Very Happy If you have any questions about stuff, just make a topic (like you've done. ++) and someone will come by to answer it if they can.

Edit: It just occurred to me that ParkerR is also from Tennessee >.> And I don't think that I invited you, so it must be one of them Very Happy
I made Doors CS 7, thanks for the compliment! What's your preferred Linux flavor? Also, I'm pretty sure that Qazz invited him, which would make him be from New York, but I could be wrong. Smile
No, i'm not from New York i'm actually from Tennessee. When it comes to linux flavors I like to try and use a different one every couple of months or so. As long at it GNOME i really don't mind ,but my favorite is probably between mint and ubuntu maybe fedora if i'm in a good mood.
KermMartian wrote:
I made Doors CS 7, thanks for the compliment! What's your preferred Linux flavor? Also, I'm pretty sure that Qazz invited him, which would make him be from New York, but I could be wrong. Smile

Wth Kerm, assumption much? I don't know this guy nor have ever met him before, and plus, only one of my friends is programming/computer smart and he does Visual Basic only Razz .

out of curiosity, what made you think I know him in the first place? O_o
anselmot wrote:
No, i'm not from New York i'm actually from Tennessee. When it comes to linux flavors I like to try and use a different one every couple of months or so. As long at it GNOME i really don't mind ,but my favorite is probably between mint and ubuntu maybe fedora if i'm in a good mood.

All you ever talk about is Ubuntu. :p Anyways you ought to stay on here for a while, you can get help with about anything programming to be honest. Wink
Mint and ubuntu? You can leave now. GET OUT.
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Wth Kerm, assumption much? I don't know this guy nor have ever met him before, and plus, only one of my friends is programming/computer smart and he does Visual Basic only Razz .

out of curiosity, what made you think I know him in the first place? O_o
I thought you had mentioned you were inviting a friend who codes to Cemetech; my mistake. Smile Anselmot, I too am an Ubuntu junkie. Smile
Oh, no I said that I DIDNT invite him to cemetech... yet...
allynfolksjr wrote:

I take it you have a distro you like. Just don't say something like puppy linux it hurts to laugh right now.
anselmot wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

I take it you have a distro you like. Just don't say something like puppy linux it hurts to laugh right now.
Nikky doesn't like anything. He equally hates Gentoo, Arch, Centos, and Ubuntu, depending on which one you happen to say you like. Wink Also, Anselmot, we've been trying to chat with you via SAX (the box on the left side of every page) but you don't seem to have noticed.
REAL MEN USE LFS
Debian is the only true operating system.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
REAL MEN USE LFS
Would those be men who enjoy wasting weeks of their free time on the initial setup, then countless hours trying to do upkeep and maintenance?
yes, hard work makes you a man
qazz42 wrote:
yes, hard work makes you a man
Hard work makes you a man. Useless or redundant work makes you an idiot. Smile
Good point, guess I am beat there

imma go to bed now
I finally made an account. Wink
Took me a while, idk really why I never did XD.
I'm working on a project called Gateways: Portals of Time, which is an RPG. I'm not very far in, but I hopefully won't let it die. Wink Graphing Calculator

also, why doesn't my sig show up right?[/img]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours