That seems like a good idea. Perhaps for the sake of safety I could test both command writes and data writes to make sure both will succeed with a given delay value? BTW, have you gotten to test that on a hardware calculator? I don't personally have a calculator with a glitchy LCD, so I'm reliant on programmers and beta-testers who do to verify the functionality of the LCD tuning. Smile
On my calculator that gave me a $2C, which is the same as the old routine.

I believe this way is fool proof because it essentially uses the same technique that most recent fastCopies use. Well, at least mine and the one from phoenix.
rthprog wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Why are there two "G's" on the first calc, if my getkey memory serves, both keys 44 & 54 are "G." in the diagram
Word. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, I had to do it.

*facepalm*

Anyways, looking forward to DCS7RC1!
Oh come on, it was clever Razz

Fixed my 3am spelling mistake and other stuff +/
@ThePenguin: Fair enough, I'll put that in the RC and see what people say about it.
@comicIDIOT, yes it was indeed clever. Razz The repeated character is just because I didn't specify what the key above the G does, so it inherits the key below it (g).

Edit: ThePenguin: What's the ld a,c at the end of the routine for? Is that in case you want to save the delay for later use?
*bump* Fun feature I noticed! If you set the font byte to $ff/255 in GUIRText, you get Homescreen-sized font! Very Happy I forgot I implemented that. Anywho, the DCS Menu homescreen glitch is fixed, as are any BASIC programs that use the GUIRText routine from the DCSB Libs. The Retuning is also (presumably) fixed, so RC1 merely awaits multipage scrolling, to be implemented when I awake. Smile
delicious, thanks for all the work!
as for how far it should jump, i like three better simply because i tend to have smaller subfolders i organize things into. alternatively, mebbe jump to the first page where the desired letter begins a prog? i know it's a little more work and you dont want to add new features at this point...
shmibs wrote:
as for how far it should jump, i like three better simply because i tend to have smaller subfolders i organize things into. alternatively, mebbe jump to the first page where the desired letter begins a prog? i know it's a little more work and you dont want to add new features at this point...
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing the letter thing at this point, although it has been proposed to me once or twice and it's not a bad idea. I just had a thought - what if the multi-page jump jumps something like 2 pages if you have up to 36 programs in a folder, 3 pages for up to 60 programs, and 4 above that? Would that be ok?
KermMartian wrote:
shmibs wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing the letter thing at this point, although it has been proposed to me once or twice and it's not a bad idea. I just had a thought - what if the multi-page jump jumps something like 2 pages if you have up to 36 programs in a folder, 3 pages for up to 60 programs, and 4 above that? Would that be ok?

Yeah, that would be really neat!

EDIT:

I found a typo in the Easter Egg, where it sill says DCS6.
And also, since you suggested to make it harder to find the Easter Egg, why not launch it when a specially named program is clicked?
Sounds good, then that's what I'll implement. Pending anyone else giving me beta bugs reports, that means today will be the day of Doors CS 7.0 RC 1!

Edit: Thanks for the reports and reminders, Silver Shadow. Smile I'll do that as well.
Oh, and also, are you planning to make DCS in different languages? DCS6 was available in French and Spanish IIRC (even though it looked like it was all Google Translate Razz).
Silver Shadow wrote:
Oh, and also, are you planning to make DCS in different languages? DCS6 was available in French and Spanish IIRC (even though it looked like it was all Google Translate Razz).
Actually, it was done by native speakers of the languages, although it's very possible that they made mistakes. I'd be more than happy to introduce the multilingual versions if people would be willing to re-translate for me. Smile
I'm willing to do it in French.
Silver Shadow wrote:
I'm willing to do it in French.
Awesome, thanks! I'll keep you posted about the parts that will need to be translated. There's a chance that this will happen after DCS 7.0 is first released, though.

Anywho, multipage scroll with [/] and [*]! If you have up to 36 programs in a folder, it does 2 pages at a time. Up to 60, and it does 3 pages at a time. At or about 60, it does 4 pages at a time.

KermMartian wrote:

Edit: ThePenguin: What's the ld a,c at the end of the routine for? Is that in case you want to save the delay for later use?

That's because I stole it from my zStart app. The ld a, c is so that it returns the value it outputs. For instance, I store the value in an appVar since I have to use it on every ram clear.
thepenguin77 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That's because I stole it from my zStart app. The ld a, c is so that it returns the value it outputs. For instance, I store the value in an appVar since I have to use it on every ram clear.
OK good, that's what I figured. Thanks for this, I hope you and the other glitchy-TI-84+ owners will test out the Release Candidate of Doors CS that I'll going to be releasing within the hour. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:
Actually, it was done by native speakers of the languages, although it's very possible that they made mistakes. I'd be more than happy to introduce the multilingual versions if people would be willing to re-translate for me. Smile

If the list of strings in the source don't sum up to a half novel, I may offer to translate it into Norwegian.
olav_nordmann wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:

If the list of strings in the source don't sum up to a half novel, I may offer to translate it into Norwegian.

pretty sure he just wants North american languages
That would be awesome! In the past, the only danger was the strings in other languages being too long width-wise, or too big and hence using up all and more of the free space. Smile

Code:
Page 0 is 15905 bytes long (479 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15934 bytes long (450 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 16026 bytes long (358 bytes to spare)

Xeno: Why would you assume that? That's not true at all.
KermMartian wrote:
That would be awesome! In the past, the only danger was the strings in other languages being too long width-wise, or too big and hence using up all and more of the free space. Smile

Code:
Page 0 is 15905 bytes long (479 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15934 bytes long (450 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 16026 bytes long (358 bytes to spare)

Xeno: Why would you assume that? That's not true at all.

DCS6 only had English, Espanol, and (insert french word for French here) versions, so I'd assumed that you'd only asked for those.
Actually, I had a partial translation for German as well, but a lot of the strings are way too long. Also, if you use your noggin, you'll recall that French and Spanish (and English, for that matter) are all European languages. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours