KermMartian wrote:
Meh, I don't really see the appeal. I feel like the whole 3D thing is just going to be a gimmick that's going to fade out fairly quickly.

yeah, just like touch screens and motion control. silly nintendo.
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Meh, I don't really see the appeal. I feel like the whole 3D thing is just going to be a gimmick that's going to fade out fairly quickly.

lol...
when will they learn...

EVERYONE WANTS THE TRANSPARENT SCREENS WE SEE IN MOVIES!!!
who cares about 3D... its completely useless XD
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, not at all. Razz Three-dimensional-capable screens, with and without glasses, have been available since at last the 1980s. It's been popular, it faded, it comes back. I don't that it's something that has huge applicability, and that eventually people will go back to interfaces that don't require you to either way awkward glasses or hold your head steady in an exact location.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, not at all. Razz Three-dimensional-capable screens, with and without glasses, have been available since at last the 1980s. It's been popular, it faded, it comes back. I don't that it's something that has huge applicability, and that eventually people will go back to interfaces that don't require you to either way awkward glasses or hold your head steady in an exact location.

not trying to be a pain here but, I believe that the camera on the front takes 30 pictures per sec. that tries to locate your head.
Thus it will change when your head does.
happybobjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

not trying to be a pain here but, I believe that the camera on the front takes 30 pictures per sec. that tries to locate your head.
Like this, right?
no, it doesn't work like that.

the image is real 3D, but it only works if you look at it directly and not too far from the side.

up and down should be fine though
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
happybobjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Like this, right?

wow... that looks really cool...

a dsi... i only have a Ds lite...

i hate it that i can't play those ds wares...
>=(
JoeYoung wrote:

the image is real 3D, but it only works if you look at it directly and not too far from the side.

Indeed. If you look at the front of the screen in cross section under a microscope, I believe it's this kind of lens:

Code:
/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ /\...
A B A B A B A B A B A B A...

Where all the As are pixels that end up at your left eye, and all the Bs are pixels that end up at your right eye.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:

Indeed. If you look at the front of the screen in cross section under a microscope, I believe it's this kind of lens:

Code:
/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \...
A B A B A B A B A B A B A...

Where all the As are pixels that end up at your left eye, and all the Bs are pixels that end up at your right eye.

wow.. clever idea of using the code thing to explain Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours