_player1537 wrote:
what do you mean by standalone, as in without running it from jBOS?
That's what I was thinking too. Do you mean something simple like this, or were you talking about from within jBOS?

Code:
window.open("win1.html","Window1",
"menubar=no,width=430,height=360,toolbar=no");
ok, app installing on linux works! still having issues with windows though. To install an app, just type in zip_install_app_dialogue() into the command app and run it.
Downloads
-Windows
-Linux
That's awesome! On a sidebar note, I guess that means we can make an unzipping application now? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
That's awesome! On a sidebar note, I guess that means we can make an unzipping application now? Smile
actually yes there is the stuff there for it Smile just call zip_extract_dialogue() to choose which zip file to extract and then where to extract it to. zip_install_app_dialogue() will open a filechooser where you choose which app you want to install and it will then install it.
How's this going? I was quite impressed with this project, and saddened that I haven't heard any news about it recently.
It has been halted for Oasis and AxeAid. People are free to still develop for it though, I wouldn't mind.
you could make a nicer CSS sheet for it too if you please Razz that would be much appreciated Razz
Eeems wrote:
It has been halted for Oasis and AxeAid. People are free to still develop for it though, I wouldn't mind.
you could make a nicer CSS sheet for it too if you please Razz that would be much appreciated Razz
Oh yeah, I definitely want to get to that at some point, it would let me flex my graphics muscles a bit, which is something I haven't had time for in quite some time.
ah ok lol Razz well can't wait to see what you come up with Smile
I managed to write a browser app, it allows you to enter the URL to go to, and makes the app fullscreen (Note to self: Add a full screen button to each window). As soon as I see Eeems again to help me make the dot something file that allows auto installing of the app to jBOS, I'll upload. (Plus a couple of changes and fixes Wink)

Edit: err... haven't gotten around to getting an icon, and packaging it >.>
But! I did add a maximize button ^_^
And I've been trying to think of the best way to do a desktop too, like with icons on the background and such. More info later, and possibly my browser app (which I am posting this from Razz)
Haha, that's pretty cool, and I think it's doubly cool that you're posting from this Browser application right now. Congrats, well done.
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, that's pretty cool, and I think it's doubly cool that you're posting from this Browser application right now. Congrats, well done.

Yep Very Happy Google is my friend! Razz
_player1537 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yep Very Happy Google is my friend! Razz
Ah, what do you mean? In terms of code samples, or tips for fixing your last bug or two? Or as a test website? Razz
In terms of showing me what stuff I need to use. Like it took me forever to get nodes and such. I'll edit in a link to my browser .jba app which jBOS should handle on its own, should you do the correct dialog *shrug*
I need to find a good internet icon >.>
_player1537 wrote:
In terms of showing me what stuff I need to use. Like it took me forever to get nodes and such. I'll edit in a link to my browser .jba app which jBOS should handle on its own, should you do the correct dialog *shrug*
I need to find a good internet icon >.>
You could use a super-scaled down version of the Blue Marble? How are you doing on tracking down the [ENTER] issues? If you didn't solve them yet, want to post your code or code link here?
Ahh, thanks for that picture, makes my browser look spiffy Razz

Update
For the record, I pretty much just took my jBOS directory that I use in linux, cut a few parts off, and packaged it up. In windows, I updated a bunch of stuff (I used to have 5.0 I think). If you want/need the update stuff for either linux or windows, you will need to get it from another package, sorry.

New features:
-A maximize button! When clicked, it will make the screen as large as it can be (you will probably want to be full screen when doing that). To shrink it down, you should probably use the minimize button to shrink, and then unshrink with the same button.
-A web browser! You can type in a URL, and it will make an <iframe> which you can surf the web using (which I'm posting this from). The linux version has a slightly better version of the browser that supports (primitive) history. Windows file management stuff is... fairly difficult imo.
-A reboot button! In the top right corner, there is a small power button, if you click that, it will do the equivilent of refreshing the page, or rebooting
-A calculator! No, not a TI-calculator, that'll come later This is just a small four function calculator that /ussually/ works. I'll get around to fixing it one day >.>
-A kill all sequence! Press Ctrl-Alt-` to kill every single window that is open.
-A button to open the main menu! Press ` to open/close the main menu.

The app "APP" is something that will let you get the keycodes for whatever button you press. The downside is that it creates more and more and more windows the longer you hold a button, so a reboot is probably best after using it. I just realized in the windows version that the clock doesn't quite work right... So I will look at that, and try to get it fixed. The app "Type" is something I was working on, not really anything, so don't waste too much time on it. The app "Login" is just for looks for now, it doesn't actually log you in or anything (just loading boot.html lets you do that). And remember, most of this is in the Alpha state, so it will probably get fixed at some point or another

Enjoy Very Happy

Windows 00.05.40 Alpha
Linux 00.05.40 Alpha
Huzzah! I'm very happy to see that progress is still being made on the project. What exactly is glitching with the calculator? I'd be happy to help debug.
Just some general stuff, like sometimes when adding two numbers together, it changes the numbers to something crazy :/ Clear also sometimes messes up. So does pressing = twice. I'd be quite happy to have some help Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
Just some general stuff, like sometimes when adding two numbers together, it changes the numbers to something crazy :/ Clear also sometimes messes up. So does pressing = twice. I'd be quite happy to have some help Very Happy
Nifty, I'll have to give it a look-see at some point, then. Smile
I'm still on vacation. But it looks like you are motoring along on this Smile can't wait to get home and test what you have done Smile
Eeems wrote:
I'm still on vacation. But it looks like you are motoring along on this Smile can't wait to get home and test what you have done Smile
It's an Eeems! Hope the vacation is going well. Smile Player1537 was working hard on this all weekend or so, working through issues he was having on IRC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours