Is there a way, using assembly, to have the name of a variable imported via link port to be stored to a string. I plan on using this as a firewall routine for the next version of my antivirus software, in coordination with LinkMan APP.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/368/36828.html
No. You minunderstand. What I mean, is lets say you are importing a program from another calc or computer. The program would cause the name of the program being recieved to be stored to like Str0.
It would be doable if you had a SilentLink hook installed, I suppose. I don't think a program name-based antivirus/firewall would be particularly useful, personally, but you're welcome to give it a try. Smile

And please title your topics more meaningfully, noticed again my edit to your topic title, ACag.
It is certainly an interesting idea. Though maybe storing the incoming program to a buffer, then displaying the name with an "accept/reject download" dialog would work better.
elfprince13 wrote:
It is certainly an interesting idea. Though maybe storing the incoming program to a buffer, then displaying the name with an "accept/reject download" dialog would work better.

I'll do this, but I need an asm routine to intercept the incoming program and copy its name to the buffer.

To Kerm: 1. It actually works. I'm on Version 5 already.
2. Sorry about the title. I just couldn't come up with a better name.
http://www.brandonw.org/calcstuff/73dev/73hooks.txt

I found this source on it. Can this help?
Presumably you want information on the 83+ series, I'm not sure how related the 73 will be.
oh. didnt realize that. I don't know how to actually write the silent link intercept to store the name of the incoming program to something. If anyone has the time to explain what commands and routines should be used, it would help me learn how to do it (my end goal).
People write viruses for Calculators?
No.
well, I had an idea a while back on one. It would intercept going to the link menu and change whatever program you were trying to send into the virus, it would also fill the program so that its the same size, and maybe keep as much of the program the same as possible so the user didbn't know. It didn't get very far, but I know the basic layout for it.
I can't imagine how one could have less of a life...
You could memorize the hex for a program that turns on the BLOD and make that program on other calculators.
I stand corrected.
Will_W wrote:
You could memorize the hex for a program that turns on the BLOD and make that program on other calculators.

3E1FD310C9
What exactly will that do?
Turns on the LCD test mode.
Test mode sends too much power to the LCD, causing the pixels to overflow their boundaries and turn blue. It can cause permanent damage to the LCD.
Nice. I'm totally using that.
not on your own calc I hope
and you have to use AsmComp( to squish the hex into an asm program
and you need to start it with AsmPrgm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours